Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-17-2009, 11:22 PM   #1
lattiboy
lattiboy began at the beginning.

Device: Foxit eSlick
Foxit eSlick - Forcing epubs to device?

Hi all,

I'm using the rather obscure Foxit eSlick device. I have the newest firmware which allows for very good epub handling, but Calibre won't allow me to send my converted files to the device (I'm guessing this is because the device JUST started supporting epubs and other formats).

Is there a workaround for this from within Calibre? I can manually move the files through Windows Explorer, but this kinda defeats the purpose of using Calibre at all.

thanks!

PS Does anybody recommend an output profile for the Foxit specifically? I'm using the
Cybook G3 now and it seems pretty good.
lattiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:03 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
I've updated the formats for the eSlick driver. You will be able to send EPUB to it using Send to Device in the next version. Until it is released use Save to Disk and point it at the device.

Cybook Gen 3 profile is fine for the eSlick.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:23 PM   #3
lattiboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
I've updated the formats for the eSlick driver. You will be able to send EPUB to it using Send to Device in the next version. Until it is released use Save to Disk and point it at the device.

Cybook Gen 3 profile is fine for the eSlick.
Wow, thanks for the quick response! I'll give save as a shot until the new version.

Do you have an ETA on release date?

thanks!
Old 12-18-2009, 05:48 PM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by lattiboy View Post
Do you have an ETA on release date?
Today. A few hours ago.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:17 PM   #5
lattiboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Today. A few hours ago.
Holy crap!

Thanks guys! I'd have sold this thing if it weren't for your software.