Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 10-06-2012, 09:03 AM   #1
pufff
Enthusiast
pufff began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Accessing catalogue on Dropbox

I have uploaded my books and created my catalogue which shows up in my public folder. When I click on the index files I see a list of icons (author etc.) but when I click on them I get a 403 error, am asked to sign in, and taken back to my public folder (where I am already signed in). Have I done something wrong? I feel so close but so far!
pufff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:55 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
What is the actual URL that you are using - feel free to obfusticate ir a bit (or perhaps PM it to me). If you put the Calibre library in the 'mybooks' folder in your Dropbox public folder, and used the default of an '_catalog' sub-folder for your catalog then I would expect it to be something like http://dropbox_link_to_your_public_f...log/index.html
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:55 AM   #3
pufff
Enthusiast
pufff began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Sorted!

Last edited by pufff; 10-12-2012 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Sorted!
pufff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:56 PM   #4
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
OHHH, it has to be in the public folder? I've just put mine in /Books at the root level for my dropbox... and just get catalog is empty errors

pufff, how did you sort yours?
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:31 PM   #5
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Further to this, moving the catalog to the public folder did not help one bit. I still get empty catalog errors. I've copied it to my own host for now just to make sure the catalog has actually worked, and its just fine, but I would prefer to use dropbox if I can...

Must be accessing the link wrongly. grrr.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:51 PM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
Further to this, moving the catalog to the public folder did not help one bit. I still get empty catalog errors. I've copied it to my own host for now just to make sure the catalog has actually worked, and its just fine, but I would prefer to use dropbox if I can...

Must be accessing the link wrongly. grrr.
Just to mention the books AND catalog must be in public folder for this to work. That should mean that the URL is likely to look something like http://network_address_of_users_publ...log/index.html with the calibre library resident in the 'books' folder.

If that is not enough to get you going and you are prepared to PM me the details of the link you are using I can see if I can spot what is going wrong.

Also if you have a new Dropbox account think the behaviour of the public folder may have been changed so that it no longer works with calibre2opds catalogs. Mine is an old one with the original behaviour so this purely rumour based on other people's posts.

Last edited by itimpi; 11-15-2012 at 04:54 PM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote