Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-02-2015, 02:11 PM   #1
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Survey: do you have a paper white with a broken screen?

Continuing with my non scientific survey, please post if you have a paper white with a broken screen substrate. Please indicate which generation (1,2, or 3), how you broke it (dropped, sat on, etc), and what, if any, cover you were using.

Thank you.

In my previous survey, apparently no-one has broken a voyage screen. With many more paper white owners, I expect a few more. The paper whites are pretty heavy and sturdy, and possibly the light layer adds some protection, but there is no allegedly gorilla glass on top. Before anybody says it, yes I know this won't prove anything. I'm just curious nevertheless
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 02:19 PM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
ALL these screens are breakable. Best to put them in a case. It will help to protect them.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2015, 03:20 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Barty, if one person has a broken screen but, because you're not asking, you don't know if it's 1 in 10 or 1 in 10,000, what useful information will this give you?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 03:25 PM   #4
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I have had kindles every since the first Kindle kbrd, and I have never broken a screen. I have also had plenty smartphones, and other cell phones and I have only had 1 broken screen and that was due to a drop onto a cement floor from almost 6 feet up. If you have a proper case the chances of a broken screen are very low.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 03:54 PM   #5
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
The only screen I've ever broken was on my iPhone 5s. Cracked the gorilla screen by dropping it, and it hitting just right on a brick floor. I've had multiple e-readers--Sony readers (3), Original nook (1), Kindles (2), Kobo Aura HD (1). Also have had an iPhone 4s and 2 iPads. I'm don't treat my devices roughly, but don't handle them with kid gloves either.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2015, 09:18 PM   #6
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
Come to think of it I have never broken a screen on any of my various eReaders or tablets. I'm probably due for an accident.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 02:34 AM   #7
3keleton
3keleton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Over five years, I've had two ereaders: a Kindle Keyboard 3G and a Kindle Paperwhite (I'm not sure which generation, but I think it's a 2nd-gen). I've never so much as scratched either device; the Keyboard was in perfect working order the last I heard of it.
3keleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 08:45 AM   #8
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
In my previous survey, apparently no-one has broken a voyage screen.
What we need is input from people with toddlers. They can break anything.
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote