Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 01-15-2012, 02:53 PM   #61
ann264
Enthusiast
ann264 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Another matter is; I put my windows email adresbook on the PE, but how do I get them in Contacts? I chose the vCards format.
ann264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:57 PM   #62
Yivi
Shhh I'm reading...
Yivi began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe - iPad
Follow these steps to transfer your Microsoft Outlook contacts to Pocket eDGe:

1. Run vCard ImportExport application to export contacts to vCard file:
a) Select second task in wizard tasks.
b) Choose Outlook contact folder for export and in the second field choose a location to save the contacts to (can be your PE SD card).
c) Choose additional settings according to your needs.
d) Click "Finish" to complete the export.
2. Copy resulting vCard files from your PC to your PE SD card.
3. Go to your address book (contacts app), select "Contacts" tab.
4. Hit menu button to open the menu.
5. Choose "Import/Export" option.
6. Click "Import from SD card".
Yivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2012, 04:00 PM   #63
Yivi
Shhh I'm reading...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann264 View Post
Hi, Vicinc, I understand I can backup with the Titanium Backup, but how does that help me with the deliting of some items?
In the Backup menue you'll find a uninstall button!

Last edited by Yivi; 01-15-2012 at 04:08 PM. Reason: add a pic
Old 01-15-2012, 04:26 PM   #64
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
if you mess something up you can restore!
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:36 PM   #65
ann264
Enthusiast

Hi Yivi,
I transfered the vcards to my PE, but when I hit contacts, menu, import/export and chose import from SD card the PE said Scanning failed (Reason: "No vCard file found") and they are on the SD card! I don't have an outlook contact folder but a Windows Mail adresbook.
Advert
Old 01-18-2012, 01:15 PM   #66
Yivi
Shhh I'm reading...

Quote:
Hi Yivi,
I transfered the vcards to my PE, but when I hit contacts, menu, import/export and chose import from SD card the PE said Scanning failed (Reason: "No vCard file found") and they are on the SD card! I don't have an outlook contact folder but a Windows Mail adresbook.
I don't have much experience with the Windows adressbook, never used. Do you have mail activated on your PE? Try to send a mail with the vCard attached to your PE. What's the extension from your vCard file? Xxxx.vcf ?
Old 01-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #67
ann264
Enthusiast

Hi, Yivi,

Problem solved! I have put the file on the USB-stick I used for the update and it went alright. Everything fine. Deleted the files on the sd card who I transfered by documents to go.
So my PE does what I wanted it to do. Everything works fine now.
Only thing I wonder how do I get my library from the internal storage to the SD card?
Old 01-19-2012, 04:48 PM   #68
Yivi
Shhh I'm reading...

Quote:
Only thing I wonder how do I get my library from the internal storage to the SD card?
To migrate (move) your library to an SD card:
Select Settings.
Select Device storage.
Select Data storage device.
Select SD card. Make sure you have an SD card with sufficient space.
A dialog will open explaining the requirements for migration.
Confirm to continue.

//Yivi
Old 01-25-2012, 08:36 AM   #69
ann264
Enthusiast

How do I execute an exe file that is on my usb stick?

hello all helpers,

my ip adres is listed on a blacklist. now i have downloaded a program on my usb stick. how can i run this exe file?
Old 01-25-2012, 03:17 PM   #70
Yivi
Shhh I'm reading...

Quote:
hello all helpers,

my ip adres is listed on a blacklist. now i have downloaded a program on my usb stick. how can i run this exe file?
You can't run a windows file (exe) on android! Who has blacklisted your ip address

Cheers, Yivi
Old 01-25-2012, 06:26 PM   #71
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
hello all helpers,

As Yivi says exe files don't run on Android. What is this exe file supposed to do?

I should ask how do you know your IP address is blacklisted and also is it the IP address given to you by your ISP? There are some scams about that tell you such things and want you to run some windows program that will turn your windows computer into a zombie part of a botnet.

If it is the IP from your ISP then you should contact their help desk first to find out what is going on. You should also run a virus scan from a bootable CD on your PC as it could well be infected.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:50 PM   #72
ann264
Enthusiast

blacklisted

my email didn't send anymore and i got the error message that i was blacklisted. So i emailed throug hotmail to the helpdesk of my provider. They wanted me to download two files to scan for spyware. Althroug i emailed that i use android they send me files for windows to download, so i will email them again.
Something else, can anybody tel me were i can find the cockies on the pe and how to delete them? That's what my hotmail account ask me to do.
Everything is verry anoiing. we are for three weeks on Bali and tough the PE would be sufficent to keep in touch.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:36 AM   #73
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
What a bad time for your PE to misbehave, Ann!

What are "cockies" -- oh, do you mean cookies?? If so, open your browser, hit the menu button, choose "Settings" and scroll down the page. You will find a "Privacy settings" section that allows you to clear cache, clear history, accept cookies, and clear all cookie data. You can also clear form data and clear location access. Hmmmm. There are more security settings than I was aware of! I think I need to tweak my own settings a bit. Thank you for bringing this to my attention!

Have fun on your trip!!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #74
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Ann, if you are not at home and are connecting to the internet through a different ISP then your e-mail problems may stem from that. For example, my ISP is Free and as long as I can connect to that network I can send e-mails through the e-mail app. If, as sometimes happens, I get connected through Orange I can not send e-mails because the settings are incorrect and the ISPs do not forward through e-mails and I get a warning that the ip is blocked - BUT I can connect and send e-mails through my ISPs web mail interface.

Maybe this is what you are seeing and you will have to use a web mail like hotmail or gmail or your ISPs web mail interface.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:50 AM   #75
ann264
Enthusiast

isp blocked

yes, you are so right, that's what is happening. Thanks verry much, no worries.

Another question, how do i get my photo's from my camera to the PE?
Igot the cabel with me, but then what?