Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-06-2006, 01:57 PM   #1
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Two months on; still in love. Join the love wagon! :)

Yep, 2 months ago I received my Reader, and I'm still in love. Yes, our relationship was off to a stormy start with a few QC issues, but after my replacement came in, I've been a happy camper ever since. Every time I pick her up, she amazes me. And my wife just got involved in a Reader Relationship of her own last week. So now we're a foursome.

Who else is feeling the love like me?
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:02 PM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Careful, or I get jealous... nobody except I is allowed to love my precious Reader.

I've just finished reading a second 600+ pages book, and the battery indicator is still on three out of four since the initial charge.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2006, 02:27 PM   #3
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
[QUOTE=Alexander Turcic]Careful, or I get jealous... nobody except I is allowed to love my precious Reader.

I sense competition is about to shake the site!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:38 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
The more I use it the more I like it. How can I ask for better than that?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:40 PM   #5
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Of course I am still in love with the Reader!

And Alex, don't worry, I don't want to take away your Reader... surely we're talking about two different devices, with two different serial numbers....
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2006, 03:48 PM   #6
scottcstoness
Enthusiast
scottcstoness began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
The more I use it the more I like it. How can I ask for better than that?
Yep. Had mine for just over 2 weeks, and it's great. Suits my reading style perfectly (1-2 fiction books, 2-3 non-fiction books and a french book on the go at once), and I've finished 4 books so far (and am in the middle of 6 others!).

Splurged for $5 at Walgreen's the other day for a "Daylight" flavour compact flourescent bulb after seeing how great the reader looked in actual sunlight for the first time, and it was well worth the money; have a 100W equivalent in my reading lamp now and the reader looks crisp and the contrast is awesome, all for only 23W of actual power.
scottcstoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:00 PM   #7
jsuplido
@jsuplido
jsuplido began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, PRS-300
I regularly take pictures! It's like a loved one, you see.

@flickr
jsuplido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:32 PM   #8
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsuplido
I regularly take pictures! It's like a loved one, you see.

@flickr
I have the same picture! jsuplido, if you take pictures of your reader in interesting locations (like being on vacation), feel free to share them with us in the e-reader gallery
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:43 PM   #9
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Same here, just got mine less than a week ago, and I've already read a 400+ pages book, more than 1000 pages of manga, and started reading an e-newspaper using rss feeds today.

The most amazing thing with e-ink is its effect, everyone who have seen my reader wants one.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:20 PM   #10
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
To each their own. I love mine and have no feelings one way or another about Alexander's Reader. (Love one twin but not the other.)

In the ~ 1 month that I have had mine I have finished about 12 books and a like number of old style tree unfriendly books. My wife however thinks I am having too much fun and has started to pick the Reader up when I leave the room or if I do not take it to work with me. Today she wanted me to load some content on it for her. (This is the same way she hinted before that it was time to get her her own computer so I think I now know what she wants for Christmas.)
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 07:52 PM   #11
William Moates
Zealot
William Moates began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Librie / Sony Clie / Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood
(This is the same way she hinted before that it was time to get her her own computer so I think I now know what she wants for Christmas.)
You just have to hope she doesn't read this forum.
William Moates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:16 PM   #12
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
If she does, she does. After 27 years of marriage (we've only known each other 36 years) I still manage to surprise her now and then.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:03 PM   #13
ThomWill
Enthusiast
ThomWill is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-500 (Sony Reader)
I am now charging for the first time. I have read several thousand pages and listened to some music. It has been almost 2 weeks and we are still going strong, this reader and I. I have probably "Sold" more of them than most of the folks at Borders. Now as far as the Connect software goes.... well, that is another story all together!

If I admit that I might love Alex's reader too, does that make me a bad person?
ThomWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 01:09 AM   #14
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini,Kindle Paperwhite
My main complaint is now I want more - namely the input capabilities of the iRex touchscreen (and an SDK). But still this has been a breakthrough product for me, even though I mostly create my own content from RSS sites (I've read just one book, bought from my $50 credit). The Connect pricing is still too high for me; I'm used to buying my books from Amazon marketplace.
geekraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 02:58 AM   #15
ultim8fury
Addict
ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS500, Looking at 700
2 months and 26 books read (mostly pratchett). I take it everywhere with me although having been signed off work for 6 weeks meant it travelled mostly between my lounge and bedroom.
ultim8fury is offline   Reply With Quote