Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-27-2009, 08:43 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieOPah View Post
Writer from the UK.
Publisher from the UK

Only sell to USA...

What is that all about??
Distribution contracts. The publisher is only contractually allowed to sell that particular edition of the book in the USA.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:37 AM   #17
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
They are, but it's a purely "nominal" check with many of them. Eg with FW, just change your country to the US and pay by some method other than credit card (eg buy Micropay credits via PayPal and then pay with Micropay).
But that is lying and immoral and much worse than breaking immoral laws...
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2009, 09:45 AM   #18
crsheilah
Connoisseur
crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Velocity Cruz T103
I'm in Costa Rica but have a forwarding address in Miami and also have U.S. credit card. I've had no problem buying from Books on Board.
crsheilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:02 AM   #19
PieOPah
Addict
PieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
They are, but it's a purely "nominal" check with many of them. Eg with FW, just change your country to the US and pay by some method other than credit card (eg buy Micropay credits via PayPal and then pay with Micropay).
I noticed how simple this was to do. I still found it strange that they still have some UK publishers only selling to US locations...
PieOPah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:09 AM   #20
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
But that is lying and immoral and much worse than breaking immoral laws...
I know; it's awful, isn't it!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2009, 01:38 AM   #21
heymae
heymae began at the beginning.

Device: BE-BOOK READER
need help in Australia 9e-book purchase ]

G'day and thanks fellers for your replies...the problem has now been solved..
I may now read "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo"....Great book highly recommended...Also believe book two of the trilogy "The Girl Who Plays With Fire." has also been released. Cheers and thanks...heymae.
heymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:17 PM   #22
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Thank you for the tip.
I changed my country to United States and I could download the five books still on my wishlist because of those restrictions. I paid the books with the micropay credits bought with my Dutch credit card, so even that is not checked.

Geert
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:11 AM   #23
heymae
heymae began at the beginning.

Device: BE-BOOK READER
"international" folks buy your eBooks?

G'day... This is heymae from the land of Oz....So from my personal experience just a few answers....ONE...Hey I am very happy with my BE-BOOK READER,
It handles loads of different fonts, and touch wood, apart from a few very minor glitches it is problem free. Yes I have struck the problem with "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" unable for download in Australia...Quite mad really, I wanted to BUY the ebook...Sorry not allowed...finally obtained it for FREE..so
it is their loss not mine. With such new release downloads, you either have to do two things...[1] wait awhile until they allow the Aussie download ..or[2] ask around the forums and discover where they may be obtained....So upfront Yeah I highly recommend the BE-BOOK Reader...currently it is AUS.$399 plus a $45 freight and insurance...Good BUY.
The one factor about ebook readers that "annoys" me is I just wanted an ordinary, simple ebook reader...which mine is but to all the new stuff in the project line they are to come stuffed with bells and whistles I do not want or need. I hope someone always manages to market just a plain ebook reader for luddites like me.

Worry not about ebook obtainability...One thing about the internet mate...There is a solution to every problem...You only have to ask....One great FREE site for some fairly recent books is [location removed.]
Cheers mate...Hope that solves your problem...if you want more info you can
email me at Link removed by moderator

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-10-2009 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Link to inappropriate site. Location removed in body of text (Don/moderator)
heymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:03 AM   #24
kardava
kardava began at the beginning.

Device: iliad, iPad & iphone
Quote:
Your brilliant I was wondering how to get around the country restrictions, what a great idea.

Country restrictions are so silly and also useless. Here's my example of how two faced they are.

I am reading the Kitty series by Carrie Vaughn the ebooks are country restricted (I live in Australia) so I can't buy the ebook, yet from amazon I can buy the paperback. wtf?

Anyway the excuse for country restrictions it that a different publisher has the rights in different regions. I could except this if I could actually buy it in Australia. I would just pop up to my local borders, etc. and buy it. The problem is that it isn't available in Australia, although borders will import for me. It's just so stupid! I hate it!

But now thanks to HarryT I have a way around it
kardava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:32 AM   #25
Joerg_Mosthaf
Connoisseur
Joerg_Mosthaf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2i, iPhone
Brilliant indeed - and I just vented at them because all of a sudden I couldn't buy the sequels to a book I bought last week (Lois McMaster Bujolds The Sharing Knife).
Joerg_Mosthaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebooks, international, purchasing