Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-18-2011, 10:21 AM   #1
paula-t
Edge User

External display? I can't find the thread... sorry...

I am searching for a thread, I can't find it, sorry if I ask for something which was already asked and replied...

I remember having read something about connecting (or not connecting) an external display for PPT presentations.
As EE does not have HDMI nor SVGA ports, I wonder how this could be done.
One of my children will become a doctor in a few months and he seems to be impressed with the Edge.

I want to buy him (choose one) notebook-netbook-edge-tablet for his graduation, but as he is teaching Pharmacology as an assistant professor at the School of Medicine, he frequently needs to prepare Powerpoint presentations in big displays or TVs, as classrooms are quite big.

He has been very interested in the Edge abilities, such as note-taking, book-reading, audio-recording, movie-watching, PDF-annotating, music-listening and lotsof-whatevering offered by this device. He takes my notebook when he needs it, but he is wondering to which extent an Edge could suit all his needs, such as everything the EE does, plus connecting to an external TV or monitor.

I don't know what to say. Remember someone talked about this many months ago, but I can't find the information.

Has anyone done this (PPT presentations sent from the Edge, using Docs-to-Go or Office Suite, to an external screen)?

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:53 AM   #2
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Maybe here http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...ight=projector
and here http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...ight=projector

Advert
Old 05-19-2011, 08:01 AM   #3
paula-t
Edge User

Thank you, Cheyenne.
I have read the posts and made some homework.
I cannot find more threads related to DisplayLink, though Boris recomends to search using this word as a tag, so I will try to research more about DisplayLink.

It seems that this function is enabled in recent updates, but there are many different adapters (USB-VGA video cards), some claim they run with Windows, Mac and Linux (Android?)
and the one recommended here is quite expensive, as it adds 80 bucks to the cost of an EE.

I will go on with the research and tell more later.
Thanks for finding the threads. I didn't think of searching "projector"...

Old 05-19-2011, 12:47 PM   #4
cheyennedonna
Edge User

http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...t=display+link

Old 05-19-2011, 02:53 PM   #5
paula-t
Edge User

I bow in gratitude!

Advert