Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-09-2010, 06:38 PM   #1
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Calibre nuking para indents from epub->mobi

Kovid:

I've developed a problem recently with the epub->mobi conversion. My epubs, made in Sigil, have external ss. The number of chapters (xhtml) docs varies, but recently (this is moderately new), when I convert from epub->mobi my paragraph indents have disappeared, in files that look perfectly fine in epub and have relatively simple css. I wasn't having this problem about a month ago, but I am now. My css hasn't really changed much, a few tweaks here and there, and, as I say, it looks fine in Sigil and in FF EpubReader.

Is this caused by NOT having an internal ss for each xhtml chapter? Even though the external sheet is called in each? Can I solve it by putting the ss back INTO the headers of each chapter?

Thoughts, anyone?

ADD: On July 22nd, this process was still working. The CSS wasn't so flattened that it was nuked. Something's changed between then--when I did a book that worked fine, with the same css, to now, when it doesn't. Help!

Hitch

Last edited by Hitch; 09-09-2010 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Add info
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:40 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
External versus internal CSS doesn't matter. It's a lot easier to help if you post a sample.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 09:11 PM   #3
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Hooray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
External versus internal CSS doesn't matter. It's a lot easier to help if you post a sample.
AH-HAH!!

I figured it out. Just for the benefit of those who will someday do searches or follow along the breadcrumbs--I use BookDesigner's template to strip the funky MS-Word spans that get stuck in files that are the result of OCR from paper to Abbe. I use it because it can tag the italics, which are a big deal to my clients. I then strip all the formatting, output the html and tweak it in NoteTab Pro, then run it through Sigil, make the epub, then convert through Calibre to .mobi (and then BACK to epub, and then through KindleGen for a "final" mobi for our good friends at Amazon--another long story we all discussed here in a different thread).

Long story short: BD's "base" font is called "1Text," which is the style for the p tag. Longer story shorter: Calibre does NOT like style tags that start with #'s. I went through and renamed the style and S&R'd the tags & style tags, and it works just as spiffy as always. Although I was using the exact same ss, I had named the style differently in the earlier files (in which I'd not used BD).

@Kovid: yes, I accept the rebuke that I should attach samples. You're absolutely right. I'll try to figure out a way to do that next time.

Thanks, gang!!

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote