Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 01-02-2010, 05:10 PM   #1
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Great Reviews for Boomerang

There have been some very nice reviews for Boomerang showing up on Smashwords lately.

Review by: Jessica on Jan. 01, 2010 : star star star star star
Loved this book! Hutcheson does a great job creating a host of wacky characters all after the same object. I really enjoyed seeing all of the different plot lines and watching them all converge. I will definitely be recommending this one!

Review by: Bill on Dec. 21, 2009 : star star star star star
Alan Hutcheson has writen a wonderfully fun tale that will keep you reading all night. Ted and Jerry make a unique team on the hunt for a strange relic once owned by a super powerful Washingtom lawman; and if thats not enough they have a crossbow wielding albino after them to keep them from slowing down. The characters are weird and entertaining they will make you laugh. I can't wait for Alan's next book.

Review by: Donna Rail on Dec. 20, 2009 : star star star star
This very funny book had great characters and a fast-moving plot. The reader is led to wonder what could possibly be so special about the title object. A madcap quest takes the various groups of people closer and closer to the goal. Each of them will have very different reasons. Messed-up hotels, dodgy cars, and a slew of other details makes this novel seem like it could happen to you. I loved this book. It would make a great movie, too.

Review by: dreams on Nov. 20, 2009 : star star star star star
Great fun from start to finish. The various antics of the characters had me laughing out loud as I visualized the situations. I loved following the old lady sisters, Amelia and Doreen (they were so real that I could almost hear their conversations) and Ted and Jerry (that guy had more stuff he was into than poor Ted could keep up with). If that wasn't enough, add in the alphabet soup of government agencies and “the clothing optional former onion festival queen". I had no idea how it was going to end and couldn't wait to find out. This will definitely be on my to-be-read-again list.

Am I trying to convince you to shell out $1.99 for Boomerang? Yep!

Last edited by plumboz; 01-02-2010 at 05:42 PM.
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 05:16 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I really did like it the book, thanks for making it available! And I do really hope to see Oz the Dog in another book

Last edited by lilac_jive; 01-02-2010 at 06:00 PM.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2010, 12:13 PM   #3
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I really did like it the book, thanks for making it available! And I do really hope to see Oz the Dog in another book
Thanks, lilac_jive!

I have had a lot of folks tell me that they really like Oz. I am pleased to know that I captured his character well enough for readers to take him to heart.

I can't seem to write anything without including a dog in it. One of my two Works in Progress has a long haired dachshund as a major character. Loosely based on Odie, my own somewhat addled but lovable pooch. And the follow-up to Boomerang has a woofer waiting in the wings too. Not sure how I can bring Oz back for more bows (and wows), but since his neighbors Doreen and Amelia have some real story potential, who knows?

Best,
Alan

plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote