Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-10-2009, 01:53 AM   #1
bhuvana786
Enthusiast
bhuvana786 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Best format/reader for iPhone

I want to create ebooks, which needs to be read in iPhone. The input for ebooks would be pdf. The layout of the output ebook should match the input pdf.

I'm planning to converting this input (PDF) to ePub either through stanza or calibre or manually. The ultimate ePub would be checked through Stanza or Calibre against input pdf for the layouts. Any layout (font size, mergining images in between paragraph, tables, space before and after headings etc.,) mismatch will be fixed in the epub based on the pdf.

My question here is:
Whether the format (layout) fixed in the ePub based on the Stanza desktop or Calibre reader view will have same impact(view) in the iPhone?

I guess iPhone contains stanza reader and hence it will have the view similar to Stanza desktop reader.
bhuvana786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 03:14 AM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
No similar, no. The books I have look awful at the desktop but good at the iPhone, perhaps you've to "play" with the desktop to obtain a similar look.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 03:31 AM   #3
bhuvana786
Enthusiast
bhuvana786 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for the reply!

I am sure iPhone supports ePub. What are all the other possible formats supported by iPhone?
bhuvana786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 12:44 PM   #4
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Well, I think it supports ereader too. Fictionwise sends the books in that format, and I believe B&N too.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 03:55 PM   #5
andym
Groupie
andym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-books

I'm a bit confused: if you want something that exactly matches the layout of the pdf why not just read the pdf with GoodReader?
andym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:46 AM   #6
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuvana786 View Post

I guess iPhone contains stanza reader and hence it will have the view similar to Stanza desktop reader.
Stanza's iPhone reader shows more formatting than Stanza's desktop reader-you can't really compare the two at this point.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote