Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 05-26-2009, 05:34 PM   #1
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
bebook w Lbook firmware problem

I have a bebook with the latest russian site Lbook firmware that I use mostly in reading fb2 ebooks with the firmware coolreader. All works fine but I have a problem with many oddly hyphenated words such as wi-fe, co-me, etc. at the end of lines. On my pc coolreader, there is an option to turn off hyphenation, but I can't find any way to do this while using coolreader in the bebook. If I press ok while reading a fb2 book I can get to settings but there is no option to shut off hyphenation in the settings. Is there a way to do this while using coolreader in the bebook?
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:31 PM   #2
keng2000
Researcher and Consultant
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: MACBOOKPRO17" HP2400TX SONYUX27
You can do it by
1. Opening a book using Coolreader
2. Press OK for Menu
3. Press 8 for Setting
4. Press Forward
5. Press 1 for Hyphenation
6. Choose any choice you want, 1 [No Hyphenation]
keng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:27 PM   #3
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
Thanks for the reply; actually with the firmware version I had there was no hyphenation option under settings. I finally installed the newest unofficial Lbook firmware (apr.09) and that one had the option as you describe. I also found from another post on a different site that it can be done from the fb2.css file that can be placed in the crengine folder of the bebook sd card.
Bob
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote