Notices

Old 09-22-2013, 04:59 AM   #1
igort
igort began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M-92
shadow glyphes - leftovers of previuos screen

Hello,

I bought recently a M-92 onyx device.
When I tried it and went through few setting screens I noticed that the image from current screen is combined visually with images from previous screen(s).
Then I remembered about the special screen on these devices and I went to settings and changed the default refresh rate from "5" to "always".
After this the artifact become barely visible.

What worries me more is that when I read book and move from page to page despite the device is set to "refresh always" I still see very light shadow glyphes from previous page. If I manually refresh a page once or twice then it goes away.

Could it be that I actually bought an used device which could explain that screen is already wearied out?

Thanks A lot
igort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:52 AM   #2
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
No, that means other. Some programs are ignores the setting for reading books with refresh the screen - all up to you. Or change the type of screen refresh from full to partial.
Нет, это значит другое. Некоторые программы для чтения игнорируют настройку книги с обновлением экрана - всё решают сами. Или меняют тип обновления экрана с полного на частичный.
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2013, 08:54 AM   #3
igort
igort began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M-92
You are implying that programs ignore my refresh settings...

Then what the purpose of said settings if each program decides whatever it likes ?

And by the way I didn't find anything in program settings (fb2 reader or pdf reader) that allows me to change it so I don't know how your suggestion can be right...

Another thing I don't understand is that why the refresh rate setting has several options at all?
When I set it to something else than "always" the reading experience becomes uncomfortable because of accumulated visual artifacts.
This just raises my suspicions that either the device is defect or it is already used by someone else.

When I bought m-92 I was having an impression it is considered by many people to be the best device in readers category.

Right now I kind of disappointed to find out that actually the display shows me ghost chars in between lines from previous pages.

Last edited by igort; 09-22-2013 at 10:12 AM.
igort is offline   Reply With Quote