Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-01-2013, 12:52 PM   #1
sivieri
sivieri began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
crosstool-ng configuration for K4NT

Hi all,

as I wasn't able to find on the Web an existing crosstool-ng configuration to use to build a toolchain for my Kindle 4 NT, I decided to share mine: it recommends gcc 4.5.4 Linaro (since /proc/version says 4.5.3 Linaro), eglibc 2.12 (as per Amazon sources), plus the original kernel sources (again, from Amazon) and the latest non-experimental binutils (I don't think this really matters).

Here you can find the configuration, and here a little post on my blog describing it (nothing new, I think, for this community ); you have to adjust the paths for the output directory and the kernel sources, of course.

If this information was already somewhere in the forum, sorry for the duplicate
sivieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Bumping an 'old' thread here, sorry .

This has come up a few times in the past, mostly between twobob, knc1 & me, so some of it should come up in a search .

That said, one of the easiest way is simply to use Mentor Graphic's Sourcery CodeBench Lite ToolChain, with the proper CFLAGS (more on that later).

For the more adventurous, I personally use a bleeding-edge Linaro TC built with crosstool-ng. The config & build scripts (which I encourage anyone building a Kindle X-TC to read, at least the env setup part) should answer most of the questions one might have about the preferred FLAGS, and the various TC Amazon used on specific devices. Like I said, bleeding-edge, so it implies some hand-holding sometimes, especially for stuff targeting older devices (K2/DX/K3), read the script .
Said script is available in the gigantic hack thread, in the tarball named kindle-x-tc-YYYY.MM.N.tar.gz, where YYYY.MM is the Linaro release used.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-05-2013 at 11:52 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
gcc, kindle 4 nt, toolchain