Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-19-2009, 07:08 AM   #16
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskie View Post
/me too

Thanks to jinlo, DixieGal and Madam Broshkina for the karma.

I knew what karma means, how you give it but not how you read who gives it. Now I do

There should be just this huge thank you thread for all the karma...
also, i see you have a complete set of star wars action figures, congratulations !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:31 AM   #17
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Wow and there is so much more to karma than I ever imagined - Thanks Zelda and everyone
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2009, 07:39 AM   #18
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

"peverel is no ebook tyro."
Old 05-19-2009, 08:11 AM   #19
ruskie
Shade
ruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enough

Device: Hanlin Jinke V3ext running OpenInkPot
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
also, i see you have a complete set of star wars action figures, congratulations ! :p

-alas- thankfully not true... never was much a fan ;) still fun fortune ;)

Last edited by ruskie; 05-19-2009 at 08:14 AM.
ruskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:12 AM   #20
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
alas not true... never was much a fan still fun fortune
tch ! teh karma knows all ! don't be embarrassed to admit that, we won't judge you.
Advert
Old 05-19-2009, 08:27 AM   #21
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peverel View Post
Well I am sure most of you who have met me realise I am an idiot but more importantly I have only just worked out what that Karma thingy is all about. (ok I knew about KARMA just not forum Karma)

So I now feel really stupid and want say thanks to everyone who was kind enough to give me some Karma and I didn't say thanks before not from impoliteness but from ignorance. sorry

Pev
If that's the case, then I have to get in the idiot line as well. I didn't say thank you for a while because I had no idea what all that Karma stuff even was. I thought it was some little elf that jumped about showering people with pixie dust. When I figured out it came from others here, I wasn't sure how to say thank you. I had to figure out the visitor message thingy and I almost sent a message to myself before I realized what I was doing.

Bottom line, don't be too hard on yourself because many of the rest of us will have to raise our hands and say "I too am an idiot." You don't want that. It could start a thread where we all start admitting our mistakes.

(looks over thread)

Uh oh, it may be too late.
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:31 AM   #22
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
There should be just this huge thank you thread for all the karma...
I just like to click on the karma giver's name, which is right there in the "Posted By" column, and leave a nice personal thank you on their Visitor Messages.

WDE

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 05-19-2009 at 08:42 AM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:58 AM   #23
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinlo View Post
... I had to figure out the visitor message thingy and I almost sent a message to myself before I realized what I was doing.
Almost?
I frequently send visitor messages to myself. I'm sure it's a bug in the system. Then I have to go in and copy the contents and go and paste in the correct visitors message, then go back and change the original message with something like "Doh, I posted to myself agaaaiiiiiiin!!!"

WDE
Old 05-19-2009, 09:06 AM   #24
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Almost?
then go back and change the original message with something like "Doh, I posted to myself agaaaiiiiiiin!!!"

WDE
Perhaps instead of stating you posted to yourself again, you could change it to kind of a sticky note reminder like: "This note is so I don't forget to... uhmmm... turn the light off in the kitchen! Yeah, that's it!"
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:09 AM   #25
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Almost?
I frequently send visitor messages to myself. I'm sure it's a bug in the system. Then I have to go in and copy the contents and go and paste in the correct visitors message, then go back and change the original message with something like "Doh, I posted to myself agaaaiiiiiiin!!!"

WDE
i think everyone has done that at least once.

little tip when replying a visitor message, if you click on "view conversation" it will show you all the messages between you and that person in order, and automatically send the reply to their page. it's useful for seeing the history of the comments and avoids those pesky accidental self-postings.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:21 AM   #26
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i think everyone has done that at least once.

little tip when replying a visitor message, if you click on "view conversation" it will show you all the messages between you and that person in order, and automatically send the reply to their page. it's useful for seeing the history of the comments and avoids those pesky accidental self-postings.
Thank you Zelda. Now I feel like an idiot because I didn't even notice that clickable line *above* the message area, only the "view conversation" that was below. Maybe now I'll post less often to myself. Maybe.

WDE (WillinglyDigsEducation)

*edit*
0h, nevermind. To get to that clickable line *above* the Visitor Messages you already have to be in the right place. Now I'm just confusing everyone.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 05-19-2009 at 09:30 AM.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:32 AM   #27
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Almost?

WDE

I send myself messages like that at least once a week. OK, twice a week. At least.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:52 AM   #28
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
I like giving (and getting) thank you messages for the Karma. I try to leave a note to tell them why I am giving it and I especially like the notes people send to me when they give me Karma. It's just a nice "warm fuzzy" to show that their (and your) time in making comments is appreciated. It's those little notes that come with the Karma that I like the best!

There can NEVER be too many "warm fuzzies" in the world.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:52 AM   #29
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
I am an idiot also for ... hmmm ... let me count the ways. No, let's not. One way at a time will do for now.

So ...

I don't go the the User CP alot, so I'm often not aware that someone has given me karma until a good amount of time has passed. By then, memory being what it is . . .

Uhhh . . .

What was I saying?

Hhmmm ... oh yes, I remember.

I want to say to anyone and everyone who bestowed some special k upon me that I apologize if I failed to personally thank you each time, that I appreciate it (always), don't take it for granted, and never intend to ignore the kindness in the gesture. I just sometimes get sidetracked and ...

... oh look, a kitty.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:04 AM   #30
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
... oh look, a kitty.
Where? Where? :looksaroundwildly:
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote