Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-04-2009, 11:46 PM   #61
mav86
mav86 began at the beginning.

Device: Astak eb 06 ez reader
I have tried 4 Targets in the Sacramento area, and all of them have them on clearence for $279.99. Not the $70 bargin. Maybe the price will go down on Black Friday.
mav86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:26 PM   #62
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 300/505/T1 Nook STWG Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD KDX iPad1 K3 KT PW2
I did get the lightwedge cover for $32 yesterday at the Frederick, MD store. They had 2 more covers but no 505's.
bookfanmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2009, 07:23 AM   #63
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3
I would love to have found another 505 if for no other reason than the battery. My less-than-one-year-old one only gets about 1000 pages turns per charge (appalling in my opinion and why I won't ever buy another at full price) and I would like to have had another cheap so when my battery finally gives out I could just chunk that reader in the trash and start using the backup.

And I go to target all the time too. Dangit.
Mrgauth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:57 AM   #64
Spoon Man
Groupie
Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle 1
Can someone post a picture of the battery on the Sony? If it can be removed someone might be able to find an inexpensive replacement.
Spoon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:30 AM   #65
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgauth View Post
I would love to have found another 505 if for no other reason than the battery. My less-than-one-year-old one only gets about 1000 pages turns per charge (appalling in my opinion and why I won't ever buy another at full price) and I would like to have had another cheap so when my battery finally gives out I could just chunk that reader in the trash and start using the backup.

I'll gladly take your "useless" reader off your hands when the battery dies. I have no problems with doing 5 minutes of research and performing a 10 minute battery replacement operation on a dead reader.
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2009, 09:33 AM   #66
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abecedary View Post
I'll gladly take your "useless" reader off your hands when the battery dies. I have no problems with doing 5 minutes of research and performing a 10 minute battery replacement operation on a dead reader.

And I'm right behind you, using the same logic.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:59 AM   #67
donslade
donslade doesn't litterdonslade doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505, Nook STR, Kindle PW3
Has anyone had any luck getting Target to sell their display unit? The store closest to me has a fully functional demo, one of the rare ones with an intact screen in a metal display stand. I've asked the sales associates AND the department manager if they will sell the demo unit but they've all said no, it belongs to Sony and must be returned to Sony.

They looked up the price and the 505 is showing on their computer for $70 but they have none, none of the stores in town have any left. The lighted cover comes up at #32.
donslade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:53 PM   #68
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
I tried the St Louis area Targets the night that this thread was started, but they were completely sold out of the 505s. I really was wanting one for my girlfriend. Been planning on getting her one, after I got her hooked on ebooks.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:30 PM   #69
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by donslade View Post
Has anyone had any luck getting Target to sell their display unit? The store closest to me has a fully functional demo, one of the rare ones with an intact screen in a metal display stand. I've asked the sales associates AND the department manager if they will sell the demo unit but they've all said no, it belongs to Sony and must be returned to Sony.

They looked up the price and the 505 is showing on their computer for $70 but they have none, none of the stores in town have any left. The lighted cover comes up at #32.
Nope.. I tried my local store also and they told me the same.. I tried my best to convince them, but no way... It belongs to Sony even if it is the last one in the store.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:35 PM   #70
mikemc2
Zealot
mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony PRS-505,Kindle 3,Nook HD+,iPod Touch,Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgauth View Post

The Sony service manual for the 505 is available in PDF form and replacement batteries can be found online for under $20.00. Battery swapping looks pretty simple.
mikemc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:26 AM   #71
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
The 505 at the Target in Rosenberg, which has been the only one in the Houston area for over a week, is now down to $237.98. Still way too much for me. But I will keep checking unless one of you out there beats me to it!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:35 PM   #72
mg2969
mg2969 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Hello, new members, welcome.

As you haven't listed where you are from, care to tell us which stores these were bought at?
Sorry
I'm from Southern California (Long Beach Area)
However I picked up my 2 (the last 2) from Target In Hawthorne on 120 th street and the 105 freeway near LAX
mg2969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 05:20 PM   #73
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
The 505 at the Target in Rosenberg, which has been the only one in the Houston area for over a week, is now down to $237.98. Still way too much for me. But I will keep checking unless one of you out there beats me to it!
If I ever fine one here, I'll buy it and its yours. But.......don't hold your breath!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:15 PM   #74
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemc2 View Post
The Sony service manual for the 505 is available in PDF form and replacement batteries can be found online for under $20.00. Battery swapping looks pretty simple.
Where is the sony service manual for the 505 found? Do you have a link we could peruse?

I was able to find the lighted covers for $16.24 (3 of them) this past week, and am getting christmas gifts for family that I got the 505 for earlier this year. I am also going to take back the lighted cover I purchased for $32.48 at a different Target. I like 3 for less than the price of 1 @ $64.99!

No luck on clearance 505s anywhere....
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:34 PM   #75
bookwerm
Zealot
bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: B&N Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abecedary View Post
Here's the Target inventory checker. Just punch in your zip code and watch everything come up as "Out of stock".
Does anyone happen to have a link to the Target inventory Checker for the Sony 505 light cover? The link quoted on the first page of this thread is for the 505 itself, I believe... i would appreciate if someone knows the link for the cover and could post it. thanks!
bookwerm is offline   Reply With Quote