Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-30-2009, 01:24 AM   #16
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRebel View Post
9 out of stock and 1 limited availability (aka probably oos)
You must be in Houston.

I may have to check this out though.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:29 AM   #17
nikkie
Guru
nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, lots of ancient readers
Bummer. Looks like they are all sold out in my state. Was hoping to pick one or two up as gifts.
nikkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2009, 02:50 AM   #18
melbournian
Colonial chapette
melbournian began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro
Quote:
guts? balls? face?
d) all of the above.
melbournian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:48 AM   #19
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
Quote:
9 out of stock and 1 limited availability (aka probably oos)
It might be worth looking into the "limited availability" one. They probably do have a few in stock still. Just don't be surprised if they're not on clearance, or if they're only marked down a little bit. But there is a chance you could score one of the $70 deals.
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:57 PM   #20
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
You must be in Houston.

I may have to check this out though.
Texas, but not Houston
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2009, 06:59 PM   #21
SDRebel
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbournian View Post
d) all of the above.
damn, I forgot that option
Old 10-30-2009, 06:59 PM   #22
SDRebel
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abecedary View Post
It might be worth looking into the "limited availability" one. They probably do have a few in stock still. Just don't be surprised if they're not on clearance, or if they're only marked down a little bit. But there is a chance you could score one of the $70 deals.
I might, but it's not very close so we'll see
Old 10-30-2009, 07:48 PM   #23
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Quote:
Texas, but not Houston
Oh... I had the same store outlook though. Funny.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:15 PM   #24
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
My wife just checked the local stores in the East Bay of SF (Walnut Creek, San Ramone, Dublin) and none of them had any. It was almost cartoon like when I told her that they may be available at a low price- first I was looking down at her when she was reading on the couch, then a brief wind, and suddenly I was talking to the air and the dogs, because she was gone
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:16 PM   #25
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
I called my nearest store (Anderson, SC) and they said that they still had it in stock-- for $279.99.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:31 PM   #26
wyldkit
Connoisseur
wyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500 (until I have enough Sony Rewards points for the PRS-300)
My husband checked a Target in Milwaukee, and they still had the 505s in stock, but they were $299. Drat, he was going to get one for me as a NaNoWriMo reward if they were on clearance.
wyldkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:47 PM   #27
CribQuilter
Enthusiast
CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I went to my local target. they have one left but still want $279 for it. I asked why the price difference and was told it may still be "in the market" here. he told me to call daily to see if price changes. I was going to buy one for my MIL
CribQuilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 06:47 AM   #28
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Ok, I think we created a new Urban Myth!

Don
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 01:42 PM   #29
junkml
Addict
junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
There's only one target in the Omaha area that said "limited availability" I called them and they still wanted $279 for the one they had in stock. One other target we stopped in only had the display model, and still listed the price as $279, but another store only had the display and were listing a price of $299.

Of course, I wouldn't give them more than about $20 for the display models.
junkml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 02:02 PM   #30
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
I just called the second closest Target to me, and they are on clearance for

wait for it

$32.48! Dang it, I have the flu, and it is a freakin hour and 45 minute drive. Why do I have to live in the middle of nowhere?

Before anyone asks, it is San Angelo, Texas. Have fun with that.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote