Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-28-2009, 01:17 PM   #1
stamp
stamp began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Calibre 0.6.10 LAF

I have updated my jaunty box to 0.6.10 using the binary install. Calibre does no longer look like a gtk application, the qt fonts and widgets are absolutely odd (similar to the bitrock installer). Very small and bold fonts, and 1970s square widgets. Where can I download the previous version?

By the way, I love Calibre.

S.
stamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:38 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Run qt-config on your box and choose a proper Qt theme.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2009, 01:41 PM   #3
stamp

Thanks for your quick reply... I have already changed the qt theme to gtk. All qt applications adhere to the selected theme other than calibre. I guess this is a dependency to qt 4.5.1 (jaunty is still on 4.5). I am afraid I cannot install from source as the packages are not available from source.

I need to go back to the previous version. Do you have a direct link to the binary?

Thanks

Last edited by stamp; 08-28-2009 at 02:14 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:29 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I don't keep binaries, but there is a stcky thread in this forum with links to previous calibre releases.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:02 AM   #5
stamp

It was strange that Calibre was the only QT application that did not take the current ubuntu theme (GTK in this case). I played with a virtual machine, installed QT4.5.2, compiled gtkstyle, and still no luck.

And then... after replacing the libQtGui.so.4 shipped with Calibre, it is all back to normal... Calibre and GTK seem to get along.

Cheers for your help.
Advert

Tags
0.6.10, laf, qt look and feel, ubuntu jaunty