Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 08-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #1
Roadkill
Roadkill began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Importing to Kobo Arc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have converted a magazine from pdf to epub using Calibre, saved it to a memory stick, but now I want to add it to my Kobo Arc. I went to Library tab, clicked on the setup (whatever those three little boxes are), Import items, it tells me: Kobo will now search your memory card for items that you can import into your library. You can select some or all of these items in the next step, click start to continue. I click on start: Found 0 new items.

I am so frustrated. I'm either going to take it back and get a kindle or throw this device across the room.

Please help me.
Roadkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:14 AM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
You will probably get more help on Arc problems in the Kobo tablet forum, but this one is easy. You can put the file in drop box and click on it to download and then let the Arc discover it. You can also run the Calibre Companion app.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2013, 07:18 AM   #3
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
What you *can't* do, however, is use external storage devices through the micro USB port to add things since Kobo deliberately and bafflingly disabled all but charging and connecting to your computer through the USB port.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote