Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-17-2020, 07:04 PM   #1
hatosenpai
hatosenpai began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO AURA HD
What's wrong with my e reader?

First of all I'm very new to the scene of E readers, 2 weeks ago I purchased a secondhand e-reader and it worked very well!

Worked as in, it doesn't work anymore.

Now I'll start with what happened first, the screen showed my book and the word sleeping, so naturally I slid the red button to bring it back. It did nothing, not even the LED light blinked.

I charged it also with various cables, ports what not but still nothing.

Also tried the little reset hole with various tools, also took the e-reader apart in case maybe the sd card or something like that didn't work, but when I swapped out the sd card and copied the contents (also tried copying some firmware update onto the kobo folder) but nothing changed.

What I must note is that when I plug in the device I do get the little windows sound but the device doesn't appear like it used to.

Maybe if someone also wonders this, when I plug it into the pc and press the little reset button, windows again makes the little notification sound.

Hope ya'll can do something with this info, feel free to ask for any other information.
hatosenpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 06:55 AM   #2
vjjustin
Enthusiast
vjjustin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Some readers has the firmware in the sd card. If that is the case, you need to properly install/move the firmware into the new one for it to work (You will find tutorials here). Copying just the contents will not work. Also make sure to leave it charging for few (10-12) hours at least (if it is even charging).
vjjustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
bricked, dead, kobo