Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-27-2022, 06:30 AM   #1
mbrisco
(gtfo/freak)
mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Alita
Question What would cause a Paperwhite 5 Signature Edition to go into a boot loop?

I was running KOReader on the PW5 SE (after doing the WatchThis jailbreak a couple months ago), and pressed the button to wake it from sleep after a few hours of idleness.

Suddenly, it went into this exact boot loop shown in this video (same model too):

For the last few times I used it, I did notice that the "Waking Up..." message looked strangely "static"-y. Now I have lost the last several weeks' worth of reading progress and highlights and customizations, since I can't get the computer to recognize the Kindle to get my files off of it.

Any idea why this happens? Seems to happen a lot with this new model (Paperwhite 5, 2021 edition). Here's it narrated by Jason Statham.

What do you think? I was on 5.14.1.1 (not 5.14.2), and I heard some chatter about that and the page turn animations. Also heard something about warm light, and today was also the first time I've used it for any length with warmth under 100%. Leaning towards the first one, as a hunch. Other possible harbingers of this catastrophic end: My KOReader started forgetting my last page when waking from sleep in the last day.

Last edited by mbrisco; 08-27-2022 at 07:25 AM.
mbrisco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boot loop, bricked, kindle