Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-06-2014, 03:56 AM   #37246
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
My daily picture of the view:
Spoiler:
).
Sorry, Bianca... Without a defined subject (such as the sun in the last photo,) it's just another picture of a marina... A good picture needs a subject. It's 'pretty,' but usually, 'pretty' alone can't carry the weight. The lines of the piers very effectively lead the viewers eye out towards.... and that's the problem! They are leading the viewer out of the picture!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:06 PM   #37247
orlok
Temporarily distracted
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kobo glo
Packing for a night away tomorrow, as we are meeting up with my sister and niece who are visiting from Sydney. One night only, so we have booked a hotel for the night as a few tinnies may well be drunk...
orlok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:10 PM   #37248
Glorfindel
Guru
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
posting...
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:55 PM   #37249
WT Sharpe
Grand Muckity-Muck
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Air, iPod Nano. Other devices gathering dust.
I WAS in the middle of a chapter in the book I'm currently reading when Crystal decided it was playtime. Reading is difficult when a 100 dog wants to play fight.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:04 PM   #37250
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Packing for a night away tomorrow, as we are meeting up with my sister and niece who are visiting from Sydney. One night only, so we have booked a hotel for the night as a few tinnies may well be drunk...
tinnies?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:11 PM   #37251
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650, Sony T2, Xoom, Nexus 7, Nook ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
tinnies?
Australian for cans of beer, I believe.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:13 PM   #37252
WT Sharpe
Grand Muckity-Muck
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I thought Foster's was Australian for beer.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:16 PM   #37253
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I thought Foster's was Australian for beer.
I think you may have seen too many commercials
Old 03-06-2014, 04:52 PM   #37254
orlok
Temporarily distracted
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
tinnies?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Australian for cans of beer, I believe.
Exactly that. Though I'm more likely to be on the red wine, in truth.
orlok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:57 PM   #37255
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Exactly that. Though I'm more likely to be on the red wine, in truth.
Well, enjoy in any case. My brother lives a long way away (Vancouver in my case), so I know how good it is to meet up with relatives you don't get to see that often.
Old 03-08-2014, 02:13 AM   #37256
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 Black, Kobo Aura HD
Enjoying the quiet.

Today we've planned a lazy day in the apartment, maybe go out to the store later to get somethink to eat and drink when we go for a walk tomorrow. My sister probably won't get up before noon and I'm up for about an hour now (it's 8am).

Today it should be very sunny and warm, with a bit of luck we can sit in the unheated "winter garden" (conservatory on the balcony) with the windows/doors open.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:02 AM   #37257
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Enjoying the quiet.

Today we've planned a lazy day in the apartment, maybe go out to the store later to get somethink to eat and drink when we go for a walk tomorrow. My sister probably won't get up before noon and I'm up for about an hour now (it's 8am).

Today it should be very sunny and warm, with a bit of luck we can sit in the unheated "winter garden" (conservatory on the balcony) with the windows/doors open.

It sounds like a lovely vacation! Enjoy!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:15 PM   #37258
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 Black, Kobo Aura HD
It's our final day on vacation today.

The weather was great today, it's still over 18 celcius at 5pm. We decided to go for a walk in the nature reserve across the road from the holiday park. We had planned to follow a certain route, but when we saw a sign for the pancake house on the other side of the woods we decided to go there instead and have lunch in the sun.

Back at the apartment we opened the doors to the balcony and all the doors and windows of the conservatory and enjoyed the view over the lake with various sailing boats on it.

Tonight we'll have our last tv/film night and tomorrow it's up early to pack.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:10 PM   #37259
WT Sharpe
Grand Muckity-Muck

Quote:
The breadwinner works from sun to sun,
But a househusband's work is never done.
Tonight I slaved over the microwave for several minutes, only to be told by my wife that she didn't like her supper. I'm just gonna' stop cooking if that's the way it's going to be.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:14 PM   #37260
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

I'm breathing a sigh of relief. Got a letter from the taxman this morning telling me that I owed them several thousand pounds and that my personal tax allowance would be reduced to zero (which would mean I paid a lot more tax every month) because they had estimated my annual income at "over £118,880". My annual income is nowhere near that much.

After the initial shock, I called them and actually got to speak to a very nice lady who was very helpful and worked out what had happened. The company I work for had recently changed from an LLP to a Ltd company and the change meant that the taxman thought I had two jobs and, therefore, two salaries. She sorted this out, and promised to speak to my company about what they needed to do to sort it out from their end.

So, a situation that I thought would end up being a nightmare, actually ended up being very fairly, quickly and amicably sorted thanks to being able to speak to a human being with the knowledge and authority to do something about it. I think many companies and government organizations could learn from that!

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?