Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-14-2007, 12:35 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
The Traveler by John Hawks - good SciFi

I just finished reading The Traveler by John Hawks and if you are looking for a fast-paced mainstream SciFi novel, I can recommend it. The story builds upon some cutting-edge technology laced with fantasy and utopia. Washington Post gave it a positive review.

Available @ Sony Connect
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 12:48 PM   #2
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Finished reading Down and out in the Magic Kingdom and Accelerando. Both were quite good, I liked the meritocraty system of Corey Doctorow's book, it's very post-cyberpunk. I'll read more books from this author.
Accelerando was good too but in a different way, it's much more focused on the ideas behind it than on the narration. Reading the whole book felt like reading a trilogy or one of these space-operas series, but compressed to the length of a single book.

Overall it's much easier for scifi readers to find e-books than amateurs of other genres.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2007, 06:04 PM   #3
leandroide
Zealot
leandroide has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Papyre 6.1 (Hanlin V3)
I completely agree with you, Alexander.

I received the novel (in Spanish "El viajero") from a friend for Christmas and I thought it was another best-seller and nothing more.

It was quite a surprise! Well... it is a best-seller, but is surprisingly entertaining and different.

Now I'm looking forward the next novel (The dark river - to be published in summer this year) and I hope it will be available as ebook too.

The traveler in fictionwise: http://fictionwise.com/ebooks/eBook32132.htm

L.
leandroide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 06:45 PM   #4
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Thanks for the tip Alex!
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 10:16 AM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leandroide
Now I'm looking forward the next novel (The dark river - to be published in summer this year) and I hope it will be available as ebook too.
Thanks! July 10th to be exact.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2007, 10:50 PM   #6
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Totally agree with you on this one Alexander, I really enjoyed the Traveler too; though it was off to a slow start. IMO, it really sucks the way it ended leaving you hanging time the next one though.

Handrien: Thanks for the recommendations, I'll keep my eyes pealed for both; totally love the whole cyber-punk genre the best! Though it will have to wait until I finish the first in the Star Wars: Joiner King trilogy (nope, won't read all three through fromt he start, need a break every now and then with a dif theme). Added to my read/watch list.
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote