Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 04-29-2010, 02:08 PM   #1
SnakeMM
SnakeMM began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Magic
Tapatalk for this forum

Hi

I was wondering if it is possible to add Tapatalk plug-in to this forum. I do not know what kind of system is used by forum but I put the link to this:

http://www.tapatalk.com/en/plugin

It is free and is very comfortable to read forums on android or other system phones. I read a lot of books on my phone so it would be nice if you guys could add possibility to read your forum on phone instead of using web browsers.

Cheers
SnakeMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:45 PM   #2
George
Enthusiast
George began at the beginning.

Device: iPad/iPhone - PRS 600
I was just about to start a thread for this myself. I find Tapatalk extremely useful and was surprised this forum was not a part of it.
George is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2010, 03:00 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Thank you for the suggestion, guys. At this moment, we do not feel comfortable installing Tapatalk support at MR, because it requires adding a plethora of 3rd-party server-side scripts, which can add a whole lot of new potential issues (bugs, security). We keep a close eye on it though, and are also evaluating alternatives, which includes improving our mobile site to make it specifically more iPhone/Android-friendly.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:01 AM   #4
SnakeMM

So you tell that is causing a lot of bugs but a lot of forums have already added support for Tapatalk without complaining about any problems. Yesterday polish admin of eksiazki.org add this support in 20 minutes on my request.
But if you do not want to add Tapatalk maybe just prepare separate app for browsing forums like ie.: Engadget.com for mobile phones or something similar cause browsing using Internet browsers is so painfull.

Regards
Old 04-30-2010, 07:34 AM   #5
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeMM View Post
So you tell that is causing a lot of bugs but a lot of forums have already added support for Tapatalk without complaining about any problems. Yesterday polish admin of eksiazki.org add this support in 20 minutes on my request.
But if you do not want to add Tapatalk maybe just prepare separate app for browsing forums like ie.: Engadget.com for mobile phones or something similar cause browsing using Internet browsers is so painfull.
Regards
You have tried:

http://www.mobileread.mobi

Yes?
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2010, 08:00 AM   #6
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
You have tried:

Yes?

Marc, why was I not informed of the mobi site? It is perfect for me with the big bold fonts and no distracting graphics. Just nice straight easy-to-read text. Love it!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:23 AM   #7
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Marc, why was I not informed of the mobi site? It is perfect for me with the big bold fonts and no distracting graphics. Just nice straight easy-to-read text. Love it!
Alas, I think directions to it might be "in the small print", perhaps not realising the benefit to those such as yourself with such sight-related difficulties (I certainly hadn't thought of it). Perhaps our friendly hosts and mods might consider that as an unexpected bonus "feature" to highlight?

Cheers,
Marc
Old 04-30-2010, 12:55 PM   #8
SnakeMM

Quote:
You have tried:

Yes?
Yes but first I have to use browser
second it does not look for me good - it's a little bit messed.

That is why I asked for Tapatalk support or separate app.

But anyway I am using www.mobileread.mobi with better results than using normal view.

Last edited by SnakeMM; 04-30-2010 at 12:57 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 04-30-2010, 03:33 PM   #9
Jonas777
Groupie
Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2 Intl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Thank you for the suggestion, guys. At this moment, we do not feel comfortable installing Tapatalk support at MR, because it requires adding a plethora of 3rd-party server-side scripts, which can add a whole lot of new potential issues (bugs, security). We keep a close eye on it though, and are also evaluating alternatives, which includes improving our mobile site to make it specifically more iPhone/Android-friendly.
Didn't I ask for a generic/device-independent API recently?
Jonas777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:14 PM   #10
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeMM View Post
Yes but first I have to use browser
second it does not look for me good - it's a little bit messed.

That is why I asked for Tapatalk support or separate app.

But anyway I am using www.mobileread.mobi with better results than using normal view.
No worries. Just thought I'd ask as, as you can see above, it's not always known about. I use it on my iPhone when I'm in bed. It keeps me awake too late (or too early) at nights.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 05-01-2010, 04:04 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I find that the normal site work extremely well on the iPhone/iPod Touch in "landscape mode".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 04:14 AM   #12
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I find that the normal site work extremely well on the iPhone/iPod Touch in "landscape mode".
I've both too. The normal site works for me okay, though not "extremely well", in either portrait or landscape. So I tend to gravitate to the mobile site for most of my reading and replying, where I'm just looking for simple text and links to any images/videos embedded. It's good to have options.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 05-01-2010, 12:50 PM   #13
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
You have tried:

Yes?
Thank you for that link Marc. I had forgotten it and I don't think there is any easily found link on the site, which is a shame. I guess I should bookmark it on my iPod.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 01:42 PM   #14
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
It is covered in the wiki. Mobile MobileRead with a link from the home page.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 05:56 PM   #15
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Thank you for that link Marc. I had forgotten it and I don't think there is any easily found link on the site, which is a shame. I guess I should bookmark it on my iPod.
We used to auto redirect mobile devices to the mobile MobileRead edition. But the code was buggy and was a big too eager in the redirection - non-mobile devices sometimes got redirected as well. We're planning to clean up the code and than enable it again with the additional option to opt-out of the redirection.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote