Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 08-30-2009, 09:10 PM   #1
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook One, PocketBook 360, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
Snapshot 20090831

Have successfully downloaded and installed this snapshot, using the reset button method recommended by Dave_S. The new power-off function works fine. Is there any intent in the future to attach numbers to the various memo items for ease of choice, as was suggested in an earlier snapshot posting in this forum?
Old 08-31-2009, 09:21 AM   #2
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Personally I do not care too much about the numbers.
I would rather see the name of each file spread other two lines, because too often at the beginning of the name there is the author, and if the title is longer than a couple of words, it becomes impossible to know what book it is. The possibility to choose the font size used for listing the files would be nice too.
In today's snapshot language selection does not work. At least French does not work. It worked in the previous snapshot.
The audio files still do not appear in the Audio navigator.
Advert
Old 09-01-2009, 06:32 AM   #3
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascherjim View Post
Is there any intent in the future to attach numbers to the various memo items for ease of choice, as was suggested in an earlier snapshot posting in this forum?
Why don't you read open tickets first?
Old 09-01-2009, 06:55 AM   #4
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottedmag View Post
Why don't you read open tickets first?
To make it a bit easier for ascherjim to find I think that this the link to the relevant ticket.
http://openinkpot.org/ticket/343
Old 09-01-2009, 09:21 AM   #5
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook One, PocketBook 360, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
To make it a bit easier for ascherjim to find I think that this the link to the relevant ticket.
http://openinkpot.org/ticket/343
Dave: Thanks for the courtesy. I didn't realize that I had transgressed in the usual protocol by my query. Regards, Jim
Advert
Old 09-01-2009, 10:21 AM   #6
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascherjim View Post
Dave: Thanks for the courtesy. I didn't realize that I had transgressed in the usual protocol by my query. Regards, Jim
You are welcome.

That ticket system is just one of the many things that I like about OpenInkpot. You are never in the dark about things that are being fixed or features being planned. My main reading device is the BeBook, but the BeBook site does not have any organized bug reporting system that I know of, and no way of knowing a particular bug is even being looked at by anyone. Sooooooooo, I always just use OpenInkpot on my BeBook device. I hope to see it available for the BeBook Mini someday, otherwise I am unlikely to order the BeBook Mini.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:20 AM   #7
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
BTW, this is the quite useful view of tickets system: http://openinkpot.org/roadmap though it does not like so at the first glance, but actually it is.