Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #346
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by beej231 View Post
I was thinking that. I'll fiddle till I straighten it out.
Okay there is definitely an issue with the overlay. You're right you can't install a sideloaded apk while it's enabled. I guess we need to contact the developer and let him know. Screen Filter also has this problem. I don't have posting issues though just the install one.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:04 PM   #347
74Cuda
MaxPuppy Rules
74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 8.9 HDX Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Acer A200
My posting issues are only with the Mathon browser. The Silk browser if fine. Not sure why it should be different in that way but it is............for me anyway.
74Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #348
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74Cuda View Post
My posting issues are only with the Mathon browser. The Silk browser if fine. Not sure why it should be different in that way but it is............for me anyway.
Let the developer of BABM know, You can get his email address off his Android market page.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:15 PM   #349
74Cuda
MaxPuppy Rules
74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 8.9 HDX Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Acer A200
I'll do that, thanks. It's really a great little app and I'm sure an update will fix everything.
74Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:39 PM   #350
sugrue
sugrue began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Go back to Preferences and check "Overlay Standard Battery Icon" after you did what I posted above.
I have selected "Circle - Big Visible Numbers", but do not see any place to check "Overlay Standard Battery Icon".

I don't think I am running the Pro version. It says "Badass Battery Monitor (Kindle Fire Edition) at the top of the screen.

I have done a refresh on my Fire and it still will not overlay the default battery monitor.
sugrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #351
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Preferences

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugrue View Post
I have selected "Circle - Big Visible Numbers", but do not see any place to check "Overlay Standard Battery Icon".

I don't think I am running the Pro version. It says "Badass Battery Monitor (Kindle Fire Edition) at the top of the screen.

I have done a refresh on my Fire and it still will not overlay the default battery monitor.
Go to Preferences and check the 3 statements related to the overlay.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #352
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugrue View Post

You need upgrade your version. There is a new version at the app store.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:49 PM   #353
sugrue
sugrue began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
You need upgrade your version. There is a new version at the app store.
Thanks Blossom - it was the upgrade that I was missing.
sugrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:57 PM   #354
thetaoofrecovery
thetaoofrecovery began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
How do you read a book if you cant turn the page unless its only 1 page long?!
I'm thinking of something that would allow me to readily toggle the page freeze on and off
thetaoofrecovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:27 AM   #355
GSamLabs
GSamLabs began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I have confirmed that this is indeed a problem when using the Icon Pack in Overlay mode. This appears to be a security feature in Android to ensure that another app that uses overlay windows (which the Icon Pack does) is unable to install other applications. I'll continue to investigate whether there is any way I can address this.

In the meantime, in order to side-load apps, please uncheck the Overlay Standard Battery Icon in the Badass Battery Monitor preferences. Once you have successfully clicked on the Install button, you can re-enable the overlay icon.

-George (GSam Labs)
GSamLabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:24 PM   #356
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
Question Couple of Questions from a Newbie

I ordered a Kindle Fire this week (the $139 refurbished deal) and have been reading threads and compiling information in anticipation, trying to quell my
impatience until it arrives. This is my first android device so I have a fairly steep learning curve but I'm learning a lot from everyone's experiences. A couple of questions to start with:

Why do I need the app for my bank? I do online banking on my pc using the web browser. Can't I do the same thing on the fire? What is the advantage of using the app?

Choosing between similar apps, like Screen Dim Full and Screen Filter. Both are recommended in this thread and by the same people. How do you choose which to use?

I know I'll have lots more questions in the future and that someone here will have an answer and helpfully respond to share their knowledge.
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:42 AM   #357
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoFriend View Post
Choosing between similar apps, like Screen Dim Full and Screen Filter. Both are recommended in this thread and by the same people. How do you choose which to use?

I know I'll have lots more questions in the future and that someone here will have an answer and helpfully respond to share their knowledge.
Screen Dim is the app you want. Screen Filter was before and no longer needed. Screen Dim does everything Screen Filter does and more.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:46 AM   #358
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Screen Dim is the app you want. Screen Filter was before and no longer needed. Screen Dim does everything Screen Filter does and more.
Thanks Blossom. There's so much information to absorb; I think my brain is maxed out for today.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:49 AM   #359
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoFriend View Post
Thanks Blossom. There's so much information to absorb; I think my brain is maxed out for today.
I have brain fizzle as well. It's been one of those days. Wait till you get your Fire and then everything will be more clear.

You need a File manger like ES File Explorer and that basically it in the must have apps everything else is just for convenience.

You will need a microUSB cord as the Fire wont come with one. I use my Kindle cord for it.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:56 AM   #360
GeckoFriend
Guru

Quote:
I have brain fizzle as well. It's been one of those days. Wait till you get your Fire and then everything will be more clear.

You need a File manger like ES File Explorer and that basically it in the must have apps everything else is just for convenience.

You will need a microUSB cord as the Fire wont come with one. I use my Kindle cord for it.
ES File Explorer is the first app on my list so I did learn something from reading this entire thread twice.

I'm hoping my Sony T1 microUSB cord will work; anyone know?