Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-10-2012, 08:57 AM   #1
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
Save $50 on Kindle Fire HD 8.9 today!

I just saw that Amazon is having a sale for the Fire HD 8.9. This is the first time these have been on sale, and I'm a bit surprised Amazon is lowering the price on them. I thought they were at rock bottom already.

Anyway, for those of you who are thinking about getting one: [Here's the LINK]
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:59 AM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Maybe their sales figures were below their estimates. I am sure the 7" HD version is the best seller out of the current crop of Amazon tablets. Now if they had that one for $50 off, I might bite. Maybe.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:02 AM   #3
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Maybe their sales figures were below their estimates. I am sure the 7" HD version is the best seller out of the current crop of Amazon tablets. Now if they had that one for $50 off, I might bite. Maybe.
Actually, I've heard that the one with the 4G LTE is one of the bestsellers for the simple fact that so many people were waiting on the Fire because they missed Whispersync on their e-reader Kindles. And the AT&T data deal is pretty darn good.

There's probably a good chance Amazon knows they've got to do everything they can to grab market share during the holidays as well.

Last edited by foreverjuly; 12-10-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:04 AM   #4
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh yes, that is a good discount on the 4G LTE. Although it seems over priced, anyway, to me. But, hey, I'm cheap.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:06 AM   #5
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Oh yes, that is a good discount on the 4G LTE. Although it seems over priced, anyway, to me. But, hey, I'm cheap.
Haha! I know what you mean. I instantly turn into Scrooge when it comes to any sort of contract like that. I'm currently hounding my family and friends to get WhatsApp or other texting apps so I can save $5 per month on texts.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:10 AM   #6
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Oh yes...I know what you mean. I got my son a no contract, no internet smart phone with unlimited texting. $25 a month! As soon as I run the minutes down on my tracfone, I will activate the one I got for me, then I can text for free too. (Free, relatively speaking...). He had the tracfone and once he started texting, the minutes didn't last long at all.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:52 AM   #7
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!

Yeah, I know people who swear by tracfones, but I'm not sure I could give up my smartphone. Everyone has their limits.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:10 AM   #8
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

My limit is in place....no smart phone plan with data. Ugh! The 2 I got are android and wifi but don't have to buy a data plan. $25 a month is pretty good, way less than we paid for our verizon dumb phones.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:33 AM   #9
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The bezel just kills me wanting to upgrade. I'll stick with the 7" living with that bezel.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:30 PM   #10
Kycoo
Kycoo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen and HD 8.9), Kindle Touch
Thanks!

There are times when I wish my original Kindle Fire had a bigger screen. With that discount, I no longer have an excuse not to get myself a Xmas present

Thanks for the heads up!
Kycoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #11
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kycoo View Post
There are times when I wish my original Kindle Fire had a bigger screen. With that discount, I no longer have an excuse not to get myself a Xmas present

Thanks for the heads up!
Cool. Glad it worked out for you!
Old 12-18-2012, 03:03 PM   #12
TheRuleslawyer
TheRuleslawyer began at the beginning.

Device: KFHD 8.9
I just use the wifi hotspot on my phone if I really need to download something outside of a cafe, etc. The real win with the LTE version is that it includes a GPS chip. That means potentially being able to use it as a nav device.
TheRuleslawyer is offline   Reply With Quote