Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-21-2012, 02:23 PM   #1
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
Nesting Function arguments in custom columns

I am trying to create a custom column that requires a lowercase Authors and lowercase Title with all the punctuation stripped out. So far I have this:

http://releases.dearauthor.com/wp-content/coverimages/{author:lowercase()}/{title:lowercase()}({id})/cover.jpg

I know I can use re to strip out the punctation such as re(,\,) but I'm not sure where I put that to affect "author".

Do I make two additional custom columns. One to make the author lowercase and then another to strip out the punctuation using re.

lowercaseauthor:re(\,,)

did not work as an argument.

I did figure out a solution. There are probably more elegant solutions. I created four columns. The first two to get the author and title to lower case and then the next two to strip out punctuation and spaces.

{#lowercaseauthor:re([?!. ],)}

{#lowercasetitle:re([?!. ],)}

Last edited by da_jane; 11-21-2012 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Figured out a solution
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:48 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_jane View Post
I am trying to create a custom column that requires a lowercase Authors and lowercase Title with all the punctuation stripped out. So far I have this:

http://releases.dearauthor.com/wp-content/coverimages/{author:lowercase()}/{title:lowercase()}({id})/cover.jpg

I know I can use re to strip out the punctation such as re(,\,) but I'm not sure where I put that to affect "author".

Do I make two additional custom columns. One to make the author lowercase and then another to strip out the punctuation using re.

lowercaseauthor:re(\,,)

did not work as an argument.
You can nest functions in either of template program mode or general program mode. For example, to strip commas from a lowercase author in template program mode you could use
Code:
{authors:'re(lowercase($), ',', '')'}
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote