Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-16-2021, 07:50 PM   #1
amin021023
Enthusiast
amin021023 began at the beginning.

Device: Fidibook
Free server for wallabag?

Hi, I just found out about wallabag, it's what I've been looking for years, with the koreader plugin, it seems like a dream come true. The only problem is that wallabag.it only offers 2 weeks free trial. So my question is how do I get it working after the 2 weeks? sorry if I'm a noobie.
amin021023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 04:27 AM   #2
omneity
omneity began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Pro, Onyx Boox Poke Pro, Likebook Mars, Likebook Ares
If you want to use Wallabag for free you'd need your own hosting environment. If you already have a web hosting account, you might be able to use that, but you will need to set it up and maintain it yourself.

I've been using Wallabag for a couple of years now and it's great, but for the sake of nine Euros a year I decided to use their wallabag.it hosting service. It's always been reliable and I don't have the work of maintaining my own Wallabag server environment. Compare to the cost of fully commercial products such as Pocket and Instapaper and you'll find it's very good value.
omneity is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2021, 12:28 PM   #3
amin021023
Enthusiast

The problem is that I live in Iran and due to sanctions it's a bit complicated and costly to purchase any foreign service.
Old 11-19-2021, 03:18 AM   #4
omneity
omneity began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Pro, Onyx Boox Poke Pro, Likebook Mars, Likebook Ares
In which case I would look to a local hosting service. Wallabag has very basic needs and any host service should be able to accommodate it. You'll probably find a hosting service would be happy to set up the server for you, it takes very little time to do. It will cost you a little more than Wallabag's own hosting, but should be less than Pocket or Instagram would charge.

You could host it yourself, but I would not recommend this as you'll likely have restricted access and the setup can be complex and troublesome.

Sorry I can't help you with recommendations. I'm afraid I can't help you as I'm not familiar with service providers in your area. Best thing would be to contact them and ask.

Good luck.
omneity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 06:27 AM   #5
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
It's quite interesting software, adding to my list to try it

Self hosting in cloud could be an interesting option. You can actually create a schedule to shut down the services when you are not likely to use it, at night etc. It should also be suitable to run on Raspberry Pi if you want to keep it hosted at home.
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2021, 05:34 PM   #6
amin021023
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
It's quite interesting software, adding to my list to try it

Self hosting in cloud could be an interesting option. You can actually create a schedule to shut down the services when you are not likely to use it, at night etc. It should also be suitable to run on Raspberry Pi if you want to keep it hosted at home.
It's so kind of you to give me your wallabag login to me for free
Old 09-23-2022, 03:10 PM   #7
wakkaday
Groupie
wakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Oasis
ive installed wallabag on my qnap server/ how do you configure, its all so confusing and how do i access the web pages/articles i have saved? on ios/boox android device
wakkaday is offline   Reply With Quote