Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-18-2014, 08:15 PM   #1
Egidius
Egidius began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Thumbs up Where can I buy the Kindle 4 NT screen for replacement?

Hello guys.

I have a broken kindle here in my home. In truth, only it's screen is broken, and I'd like to replace it.

I googled it and did not find any Kindle 4 NT screen to buy.

Can u help me? Links would be really appreciated!
Egidius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:22 PM   #2
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
I'd think it'd be much cheaper to buy a new one than to replace the screen. They're only $69 in the US or if on sale, $49.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2014, 09:58 AM   #3
Egidius

I live in Brazil, there's no cheap ways of hooking up for a new Kindle, I think.

I see my broken kindle on my desk, besides my new one, and it just breaks my heart.

So, it's not a good idea buying a new screen?

Wow, and I was just forgetting to say: I can't buy Kindles from the amazon.com because there's an Amazon here in Brazil. But it doesn't sell it (yet): i have to buy it from another malls linked to Amazon, and it's prize is above $120,00 (brazilian heavy taxation). So, I still think that buying a new screen it not a bad idea at all.

Last edited by Egidius; 01-19-2014 at 10:01 AM.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:03 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
One problem with the Kindle 4 is that, unlike both the earlier and later models, it's all glued together, and hence extremely difficult to take apart without breaking something. You can buy replacement screens (eg on eBay), but it might be less effort just to buy a 2nd-hand Kindle.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:31 PM   #5
Egidius

I'm thinking in buying this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Sc...item35cc134e0b

<Sry if I violated the forum rules>

I feel unconfortable buying products directly from China, but it's the only thing that I've found.

What do u think?
Advert
Old 01-21-2014, 04:15 PM   #6
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
I think you're going to get crap and waste your money. As was also previously explained to you, you're very likely to crack the device and end up with a big pile of junk. I know it's not my money but I still think you'd be better off buying a replacement because it'll be around the same anyways in the long run and at least it's new.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:30 PM   #7
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egidius View Post
What do u think?
I think that may be only useful for the Touch

See:

http://www.ifixit.com/Device/Kindle_4

Like HarryT, and despite being a believer in repair over replacement, I agree with the idea of buying a complete used device. Hopefully, your next eReader will be user-serviceable.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:58 PM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That's a scary video . I certainly wouldn't want to try to take it apart after watching that.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:09 AM   #9
rodrig0
rodrig0 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
BRAZILIAN WITH KINDLE 4 SCREEN

Hi Egidius. I have a kindle that is not working due to battery issues (I let it die out and now it won`t trn on... Amazon said it`s a lost cause, and the internet agrees, unfortunately).

However, the screen is working properly. I imagine that if you have the ability to open your kindle to replace the screen, you`d be able also to open mine to remove it. I saw videos on the internet on how to do it, and I was actually thinking of keeping mine just to have a spare screen (I already lost a kindle because of screen damage like you, this is my second one).

Anyway, If you are interested in a new screen, let me know, I can sell you my kindle cheap (and you get a spare USB cable to boot =P)

Cheers
rodrig0 is offline   Reply With Quote