Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-05-2014, 11:45 PM   #1
tponzo
Addict
tponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 900(gave it to my sister); Sony PRS-T1; onyx book note air
touch lux not showing uploaded books

I use calibre to manage my ebooks and load them into my touch lux. Suddenly I cannot find new books on my device. I upload books to the device. Calibre says the books are on the SD card/device. When I look in windows explorer the books are there on the SD card but I cannot find the books when I try to search the device. The reader is not showing any new books added and I cannot find them when I do any kind of search. Any help would be appreciated. P.S. I moved the SD card from the pocketbook touch lux to my Sony PRS T-1 and have no problem.
tponzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:58 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Books are searched in the database, not in the file system. The database needs to be updated before you can find the books. Make sure that Settings>Advanced_Settings>System>Library>Library_ Data_Update is set to "Automatically". If it's set to "Off" or "Once", then changes to the filesystem won't show up in the database. You also may have to wait a few minutes for the automatic database update to take place.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2014, 06:01 AM   #3
tponzo
Addict
tponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 900(gave it to my sister); Sony PRS-T1; onyx book note air
Thanks for your response rkomar. I checked and library update has always been set to automatically. This is a problem that just started recently.
tponzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 02:09 PM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
You could try the "Optimize Database" item right under the configuration item for updating. I suspect that there is a bad entry in the database, perhaps from an ebook that is causing problems for the scanner. If you can remember which books were added just before the problem showed up, you could try removing them to see if it clears up the problem. If so, add them back one or a few at a time to see which one causes the problem. Use the library app to delete books, since that also updates the database as it does so.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote