Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-19-2012, 08:18 PM   #1
LTucker
LTucker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
KINDLE FIRE BEGINNER - NEEDS HELP!!!

Does anyone know how to download KOBO books onto a KINDLE FIRE???
If so, would you mind posting step-by-step instructions for a beginner kindle fire user???

I have hundreds of books that were purchased with my Kobo account and I can't get one of them to open.

Any help would be appreciated, as you will be making a book-worm extremely happy!!!

Desperate reader, in search of an answer.
LTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:50 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTucker View Post

Does anyone know how to download KOBO books onto a KINDLE FIRE???
If so, would you mind posting step-by-step instructions for a beginner kindle fire user???

I have hundreds of books that were purchased with my Kobo account and I can't get one of them to open.

Any help would be appreciated, as you will be making a book-worm extremely happy!!!

Desperate reader, in search of an answer.
First you need a ereader app that reads Adept DRM such as Aldiko, Mantano (My personal fav) or you can use the Kobo app.

Once you have your app installed in the settings of the app there is a place to put your ADE account login info. Then just sideload the epubs using USB and ES File Explorer and import into app.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2012, 09:16 PM   #3
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
I just loaded the kobo reader to my Fire. Here's what I did...

1) Install the Box app on your Kindle.
2) Download the Kobo apk to your PC.
3) Logon to Box from your PC and upload the Kobo apk.
4) Open the Box app on your fire, logon, and open the apk
5) Install the apk
6) Open Kobo, logon to your account, and get your books.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #4
LTucker
LTucker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
RE: Thanks

I tried wizwor's solution and it worked like a charm. The only downside, was I have to open the KOBO app each time I want to read a particular book that I am reading, scroll down to the book in question, and then open it. I can then continue reading where I left off.

Not too bad of a solution, if you have a small library of books, but when it's several hundred, you have to have a little patience. I'm just estatic that I can now read my Kobo books.

Also thanks to Blossom for her reply, and the main reason why I didn't try it first was I wasn't too sure how to "sideload" and my kindle fire didn't come with a USB.

Thanks again!!!
LTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:28 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTucker View Post

I tried wizwor's solution and it worked like a charm. The only downside, was I have to open the KOBO app each time I want to read a particular book that I am reading, scroll down to the book in question, and then open it. I can then continue reading where I left off.

Not too bad of a solution, if you have a small library of books, but when it's several hundred, you have to have a little patience. I'm just estatic that I can now read my Kobo books.

Also thanks to Blossom for her reply, and the main reason why I didn't try it first was I wasn't too sure how to "sideload" and my kindle fire didn't come with a USB.

Thanks again!!!
You can also use Mantano to read ADE books which falls under Kobo. Which in my opinion is the best epub reader out there. It has collections and really nice interface It's what I use on the Fire. I do no use the Kindle app at all.

Just enter your ADE login details in settings then make a folder on your Fire and sideload the books then import them into Mantano and enjoy. The only thing Mantano will not do is read Library DRM books but it does everything else even B&N books.
Advert
Old 01-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
The only thing Mantano will not do is read Library DRM books but it does everything else even B&N books.
I've never had a problem reading a library book (ePub) with Mantano.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:59 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I've never had a problem reading a library book (ePub) with Mantano.
Mantano doesn't read ADE Library books unless there is a new update I am aware of?
Old 01-23-2012, 02:02 PM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Mantano doesn't read ADE Library books unless there is a new update I am aware of?
It's always worked fine for me going back quite a while.

I just loaded another one to double check it still works...
Old 01-23-2012, 02:09 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
It's always worked fine for me going back quite a while.

I just loaded another one to double check it still works...
Okay do you just sideload the epub like a regular ADE book? I haven't tried that just going on what has been posted in the Mantano thread.

Please post in the mantano thread if you can because it's assume there that Library books are not supported.

Now to figure out how to deactivate Aldiko because I don't have another activation I don't think.

I can't get it to work. I activated Mantano and copy the epub over and it wont open. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by Blossom; 01-23-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #10
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

The only way I've tried it is to connect my device via USB so it shows up in ADE and then drag the desired book "onto" the device then disconnect USB. Open Mantano and import the book. The book opens and works fine.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
The only way I've tried it is to connect my device via USB so it shows up in ADE and then drag the desired book "onto" the device then disconnect USB. Open Mantano and import the book. The book opens and works fine.
Yay That does work! Now I can get rid of Aldiko! I am one happy camper!

Wow ADE does not like the Kindle. It's running like a turtle when I plug the device in but it does work.

Last edited by Blossom; 01-23-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:35 PM   #12
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

ADE doesn't like a lot of devices. Crappy software, but a must have for a lot of people.

Glad it worked for you. Mantano has been a favorite of mine since I reviewed it for Dear Author back in August.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:42 PM   #13
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
ADE doesn't like a lot of devices. Crappy software, but a must have for a lot of people.

Glad it worked for you. Mantano has been a favorite of mine since I reviewed it for Dear Author back in August.
It's my favorite too. It does everything now I need it to do. I have no complaints except maybe one day we will get custom fonts for Bold and Italics.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:10 PM   #14
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
It does have one little bug that if you pull up the buttons via the middle of the screen and then hit the back button it doesnt do anything as opposed to ging to the library screen. You have to hit the arrow in the bottom middle and then back and it works.
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:21 PM   #15
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
It does have one little bug that if you pull up the buttons via the middle of the screen and then hit the back button it doesnt do anything as opposed to ging to the library screen. You have to hit the arrow in the bottom middle and then back and it works.
Hmm I don't have that problem. I have a different one. If I bring up the Mantano's menu using the menu button, the menu is not tapable. If I use the center to bring up the menu it works fine.