Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-14-2011, 05:59 PM   #1
geisel
geisel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Buying German Kindle titles in the UK

Hi

I am a keen German language reader in the UK. I am desperate to download a Kindle e-book from amazon.de. Unfortunately when I try to do so, I am told that my Kindle is registered in the UK. I could change the address of my device but I bet it will cause a problem due to my credit card address being in the UK. I am sure Amazon cannot be that easily fooled.

Can anyone please suggest a way to do it?

I'm sure that the answer is on this forum but I haven't found it yet.

Regards
G
geisel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:32 AM   #2
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Nope it's annoying for me as well (registered to a US account), only solution is switching to German Kindle store and back... I never had any problems though and yeah, I have a German address as a shipping option (just enter one yourself, no big deal)...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2011, 04:52 PM   #3
geisel
geisel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for the reply, Johnny.

So it was as easy as it seemed. I'm a very happy owner of a German social history of the internet on my Kindle which might well help me with future German language job interviews.

R
geisel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:17 PM   #4
Alissa
Connoisseur
Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 + Story HD + Kobo Touch
I suggest you to contact Amazon (either UK or DE) and tell them what you want. Amazon designates itself as "World's most customer centric company" and hopefully they somehow react to solve the problem.

Well, I'm living in Japan, and there are rumors that Amazon JP is starting to sell Japanese Kindle eBooks soon. It sounds good, but I'm very much afraid that when it happened, I become unable to buy English ebooks from AMazon.com for my Kindle...
Alissa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle germany uk