Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-05-2009, 07:47 PM   #1
Vaarstrat
Vaarstrat began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Smile 10,000 ebooks on DVD for £5 :)

you can find 10,000 books for sale here:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=200370663739
Vaarstrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:34 AM   #2
jimbob101
Connoisseur
jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle App Android, Kindle PW2, Calibre
It looks like a huge amount of PD books all of which are probably here for Free.

Hmmmmm will i part with the £5 or will i download free
jimbob101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:54 AM   #3
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I thought ebay had banned ebooks from their site? (copyright issues and such)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:25 AM   #4
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I thought ebay had banned ebooks from their site? (copyright issues and such)
If they tried, it's not working very well. Last month, I was thinking about selling off my "Crate O' Edgar Rice Burroughs" as a 76-book set, but eBay was loaded up with CD-ROM versions of almost exactly the same stuff (which, of course, is tightly connected to the reason I decided to sell my hard copies). When I looked at going prices for e-book and p-book collections of ERB, I decided that my sentimental value is higher than the current market price.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:01 PM   #5
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
AFAIK EBay only bans sales of "digital goods" (i.e. "send me $5 and I'll send you a download link"), CDs and such are allowed (provided they're legal copies).
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:37 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Unfortunately, there are huge numbers of sales of illicit copies of ebooks on eBay. It really is a case of caveat emptor.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 03:28 AM   #7
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
AFAIK EBay only bans sales of "digital goods" (i.e. "send me $5 and I'll send you a download link"), CDs and such are allowed (provided they're legal copies).
Ah, must have missed that part
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 03:45 AM   #8
bill the smith
Banned
bill the smith began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 700
@HarryT
I don't agree that it is caveat emptor (let the buyer beware) because the buyer is doing nothing wrong.
I bought one of these for about $16AUD because all the books had been converted to LRF.
eBay seems to accept sellers who clearly state that all the books are in the public domain.
For 16 bucks I am very happy not to have to do the conversion.
A legal eBay website is http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/Munse...__W0QQ_armrsZ1 which sell these sort of collections of public domain stuff.
Compare this to the more doubtful [link deleted by moderator] where there is a huge amount of material download but it is difficult to know what is in the public domain.

Last edited by HarryT; 08-12-2009 at 05:35 AM.
bill the smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:12 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You misunderstand me, Bill. Certainly there are sales of legitimate public domain books, but there are also many sales of illicit material. I mean, what out that what you are buying really is in the public domain.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:19 AM   #10
bill the smith
Banned

@Moderator
Why was my link to Warez-bb deleted?
In the area of ebooks they provide many links to the downloading of PD material which is entirely legal.
Forum readers should be able to access these books.
Could you please post an explanation?
Old 08-12-2009, 07:27 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

The site contains illicit material; we do not permit linking to such sites, even if they do also contain out of copyright books.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:18 AM   #12
bill the smith
Banned

Odd.
You have already said eBay contains illicit material.
Presumably you will not permit direct links to EBay?
In any event, you have permitted the name (as opposed to the link) of Warez-bb so I suppose readers can work it out for themselves.
Personally, I am opposed to this petty, selective and inconsistent censorship.

Tags
sony reader prs books