Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-16-2012, 12:28 AM   #31
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
They've arrived in New Zealand. I had a play with a glo and mini this morning at Whitcoulls.

Both seemed great, but not significantly better than my touch so I won't be upgrading yet.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:26 PM   #32
~tjayz~
~tjayz~ for a long time would go to bed early.~tjayz~ for a long time would go to bed early.~tjayz~ for a long time would go to bed early.~tjayz~ for a long time would go to bed early.~tjayz~ for a long time would go to bed early.~tjayz~ for a long time would go to bed early.~tjayz~ for a long time would go to bed early.~tjayz~ for a long time would go to bed early.~tjayz~ for a long time would go to bed early.~tjayz~ for a long time would go to bed early.~tjayz~ for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo Glo, Mini, Aura
Unhappy

Just got an email from Collins where I pre ordered the Glo over 2 months ago:

"The Kobo Glo was due to be launched in Australia this week. Unfortunately production has been delayed slightly, and
the Glo won't be available here until the first week in December.

As soon as they arrive in our warehouse we will despatch your order via registered post.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused. Thank you for your patience."

Not happy, but what can you do...........
~tjayz~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:37 PM   #33
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Mmm ... wonder where they're produced?

China? Korea? Taiwan?

Seems like the producers have said that they would meet a certain deadline and probably did, but at the expense of finishing the Australian part of the order.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:40 PM   #34
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Harvey Norman had them in their catalogue on the weekend (and now on their website). Apparently Retravision are going to sell them too. Not sure of release dates at all. Harris Tech (www.ht.com.au) have them advertised (none in stock atm) at a good price, though I don't know what shipping costs are.
Harris Tech price:

$138 + $10 ish postage depending on where you live. Or one can pick it up from their store in the various States.

Sounds like that's where I'll buy from.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:32 PM   #35
dmcd
Enthusiast
dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kobo
gtim - this is a load of BS the site is feeding you. They have broken their delivery contract so you should be able to break your order contract. Suggest you contact Consumer Affairs and get them on the case. That will make them jump and the process is painless.
dmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:51 PM   #36
gtim108
Enthusiast
gtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H20, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcd View Post
gtim - this is a load of BS the site is feeding you. They have broken their delivery contract so you should be able to break your order contract. Suggest you contact Consumer Affairs and get them on the case. That will make them jump and the process is painless.
Thanks ! But they were very good, I mean Bookworld, not Kobo, they apologised and refunded full amount. It's Kobo fault, not Bookworld or other re-sellers...
gtim108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:55 PM   #37
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
I think I'll just wait until it;s released in Australia now.
If there's any issues with it I don't want to have to chase a refund or replacement in the UK (as I was thinking of getting one from).

TBH I'm in no rush, the main reason I want a Glo is the backlight. Other than that my KT works perfectly fine.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:53 PM   #38
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Just been to my local JB Hi Fi - been told that Aus wide they've ordered 800 Glo's for their stores.

Cost: $159

No eta shows on their internal system.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:40 PM   #39
andrevan40
andrevan40 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
I was thinking of using US online store www.powells.com

Kobo Glo for US 129.90 and 12.99 standard international shipping
With currency conversion under the Harris tech aus price.

I was looking for a cyber monday special but couldnt find any.
andrevan40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:17 PM   #40
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Andre there are 2 probs I can see with that - but you may still feel quite comfortable:

i) a number of people have reported that they've returned their Glo and got a replacement for different things. Makes it expensive if you've got to send it back o/s.

ii) have you checked whether they'll ship to Aus prior to Christmas?
Old 11-26-2012, 01:21 AM   #41
Katel
Evangelist
Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Officeworks in Melbourne told me yesterday they have no idea when it's coming.
Katel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:10 AM   #42
Shankill
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Just been to my local JB Hi Fi - been told that Aus wide they've ordered 800 Glo's for their stores.

Cost: $159

No eta shows on their internal system.
Unless the supply situation is really, really bad, they mustn't be expecting to sell that many with an initial purchase order that small.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:17 AM   #43
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyvros View Post
Unless the supply situation is really, really bad, they mustn't be expecting to sell that many with an initial purchase order that small.
Might be the initial stock in order to determine popularity.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:12 AM   #44
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
There are 164 JB HIFI stores, so that's 4.8 per store.

I'd call it as 4 Glos and 1 Mini per store...
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:28 PM   #45
Shankill
Nameless Being

Could be, but I'm used to seeing initial purchase orders in the thousands for stock like this. Five per store isn't that many when you consider how long follow-up orders tend to take for stock like this (two to four weeks has been the average time in my experience). That said, my experiences haven't been with JB, but another large-ish Australian electronics retailer with a different ordering system (JB has one less layer of bureaucracy with their ordering process).

As far as I know, too, the Touch has been fairly popular. Most of the JB stores I've been to since they started carrying it have had ten or more in stock at any one time. If it is five Glos and one Mini per store, that's really not many.

Maybe I'm just over-thinking this.