Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-20-2010, 07:46 PM   #1
confusednow
confusednow began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calibre only showing part of a file while adding to library

Hi. I am currently trying to import some .prc files into Calibre. But strangely for one file, calibre cuts the book into half. I think its because the .prc had some symbols that were not recognised by Calibre, so it terminates the import of the file? Attached with this post is an image of where the file cuts off. Notice the square symbols after the test 'Dr Little's clarion promise of cooperation in the search for truth:'. Thats is the point in which the imported .prc file cuts off in Calibre. Is there anyway to ask it to ignore those unknown symbols (the square)?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	prc_example.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	189.0 KB
ID:	58541  
confusednow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:55 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Unknown symbols do not make Calibre truncate a file. My guess is that the .PRC file is damaged in some way.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2010, 08:00 PM   #3
confusednow
confusednow began at the beginning.

Device: none
Not sure if its damaged though, because when I open it using mobipocket reader (which is how I got the screen capture), it shows the whole thing, but with the squares.
confusednow is offline   Reply With Quote