Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-07-2010, 11:54 PM   #1
bokjeid
Addict
bokjeid began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Gray paint on the device falls off..

I've used DR800SG around a couple of months and recently I found out that gray colored facial paint of both sides of the device began to fall off from it. And the paint fragments embrassed me. So I should tape these area quickly to keep the paint from falling off any more.
The reason seems sweat from hands but this kind of problem should have not happened. I don't know how long the tape works.
Is there anybody who has similar experience or idea to treat this problem?
bokjeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:22 AM   #2
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Same thing happens on my 800. Fortunately it doesn't impact functionality. The only solution may be a cover. And I neglected to get the Irex cover before they went into chapter 11... Now I can find that cover at even higher prices only. Perhaps a do-it-yourself one will be the only solution.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2010, 10:25 AM   #3
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
I haven't had that problem, but I do have a cover so direct contact with the case is minimal.

There were some reports of the black coating on some of the old iLiads having this issue as well. I didn't see it personally, but others reported similar issues.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:03 PM   #4
bokjeid
Addict
bokjeid began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Thanks for your replies.. Where can we find the cover? Can we use the device while covering it?
bokjeid is offline   Reply With Quote