Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-24-2009, 01:44 PM   #16
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfleisher View Post
Hurry up UPS!!
He said: up ups!!!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:50 PM   #17
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
UP UPS AND AWAY!!!!

What? Someone had to say it.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 01:51 PM   #18
lovebeta
Groupie
lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Amazon Kindle, Sony PRS-505
UPS just stopped by and there was no kindle for me. What a bad day!!
lovebeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:56 PM   #19
zorgon
zorgon began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfleisher View Post
Got the call from UPS that someone would need to be home to sign for the delivery, so I am sitting by the window waiting for that big brown truck as I write this...

Hurry up UPS!!
Do these shipments require a signature?

I've never had to sign for something from Amazon before and there will not be anyone home tomorrow when mine is scheduled for delivery.
zorgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:58 PM   #20
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorgon View Post

I've never had to sign for something from Amazon before and there will not be anyone home tomorrow when mine is scheduled for delivery.

I didn't have to sign for mine either. They basically just threw it on the doorstep.....luckily, Amazon packed it well!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 02:07 PM   #21
zorgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I didn't have to sign for mine either. They basically just threw it on the doorstep.....luckily, Amazon packed it well!
Old 02-24-2009, 02:08 PM   #22
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorgon View Post
If the shipment value is less than $400, then no signature is required. If you ordered a Kindle and a cover that might put it over the top.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:13 PM   #23
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Please, if you haven't participated already, do our latest poll.....

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40001
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:18 PM   #24
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
hmmmm, you wouldn't believe how I flew through the grocery store this morning! All groceries are put away, the pets are fed, chicken and dumplings in the crock pot that will be ready for dinner, and I think I am ready! Reread the K2 pdf manual and recheck UPS status. Should have mine in about three hours, but who's counting?
It's like Christmas morning

Since this is my first Kindle, I won't have pre-conceived notions of comparison so I am sure to just be totally thrilled with it.

Looking forward to checking back after it arrives and chatting up with you guys and gals.
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:18 PM   #25
zorgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
If the shipment value is less than $400, then no signature is required. If you ordered a Kindle and a cover that might put it over the top.
Thank you for that information. It's nice to know that threshold. I just ordered a cover and book light today so it is on a separate order. So, hopefully they will leave it on my door step tomorrow. I might just leave a message on the door with my signature asking them to leave it just in case.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:37 PM   #26
lovebeta
Groupie
lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Amazon Kindle, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
So you ended up ordering one? I thought you really didn't like K2...
lovebeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:09 PM   #27
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebeta View Post
So you ended up ordering one? I thought you really didn't like K2...
I think she is talking about when her K1 was delivered.

BOb
Old 02-24-2009, 04:10 PM   #28
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Just got mine. So far (I've only looked at it for 5 min.) I like it. The $30 leather cover is quite nice IMO. Downloaded one book from Amazon & one from those I have stored on my webserver and everything seems to work well. I get a horrible Sprint signal in my office so need to be away from here to really see how it works.

All in all I'm pretty sure I'm going to love it.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:42 PM   #29
cory02
cory02 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I've been refreshing the UPS tracking page and running back and forth to check the front porch throughout the day to make sure I haven't missed the UPS person.
cory02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:43 PM   #30
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cory02 View Post
I've been refreshing the UPS tracking page and running back and forth to check the front porch throughout the day to make sure I haven't missed the UPS person.
Here's a tip... when it say's "delivered" you will have it. So, stop running to the door.

BOb