Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-08-2009, 11:01 PM   #1
lomax
lomax began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Can't unsubscribe from news feeds

Kovid, thanks for making Calibre. It is a very useful piece of software. I have one problem, though- I can't seem to unsubscribe from any news feeds. I have unchecked them all, but every time Calibre starts, the Jobs hourglass starts to spin, and sure enough, it's downloading several articles from magazines that are no longer checked.

Is there a way to make it stop fetching news? I have tried checking and unchecking again, but it doesn't seem to register. It's version 0.4.126.

Thanks.
lomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:07 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Sounds like a bug, open a ticket and I'll fix it when I get some time.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2009, 08:25 AM   #3
lomax

Will do. In the meantime, is there a manual way to edit the file(s) that tells Calibre to fetch which news feeds, and simply delete the lines within? I looked around for something like that but had no success.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:49 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
That information sppears to be stored in the schedule.pickle file on Windows. However it is not a text file so not easily editable - but perhpas you can simply delete the file if you have nothing to be scheduled?

On windows this file is located under your application profile in the Application Data\calibre folder. Note that as the "Application Data" folder is normally set to be hidden make sure you can see hidden files if trying to navigate to it. On other systems I am not sure where it will be located.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:35 AM   #5
lomax

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
That information appears to be stored in the schedule.pickle file on Windows [...] located under your application profile in the Application Data\calibre folder.
Excellent, thank you!
Advert
Old 01-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #6
dharmapeace
dharmapeace began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Exclamation Calibre how do unsubscribe news feeds

I can't figure out how to unsubscribe from news feeds either and how to change the frequency of deliver.
dharmapeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:07 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmapeace View Post
I can't figure out how to unsubscribe from news feeds either and how to change the frequency of deliver.
Think how Microsoft would do it

Click Schedule

Select the scheduled item,

remove the tick or change the frequency
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote