Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 07-23-2008, 02:41 PM   #1
Laird of Lard
Laird of Lard began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505S
Soon to be owner of a Sony Reader!

Hello forum

I have ordered, and patiently await delivery of my Sony Reader!

I'll be using it on a trip to Europe, thus saving myself a few lbs in my luggage allowance...

Last edited by NatCh; 07-25-2008 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Changed eReader to Reader, with poster's permission.
Laird of Lard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:54 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Exciting! And WELCOME!

Where are you going? Business or pleasure?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2008, 03:51 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
eReader is the new name for Palm Reader. It is a viewer for electronic documents on PalmOS and other platforms and devices. If you were really looking for hardware Readers try E-book devices.
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Palm_Reader

Would you like someone to fix the topic since the Sony Reader line cannot display eReader format eBooks?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:16 AM   #4
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Greetings, Laird of Lard. Enjoy the forum!
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:01 PM   #5
Laird of Lard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Palm_Reader

Would you like someone to fix the topic since the Sony Reader line cannot display eReader format eBooks?
Yes, please - I haven't got a handle on the terminology yet...
Advert
Old 07-25-2008, 01:01 PM   #6
Laird of Lard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Exciting! And WELCOME!

Where are you going? Business or pleasure?
Pleasure - sister's wedding in the UK and then a week's holiday in Berlin. With a new PRS505S!
Old 07-25-2008, 01:19 PM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Welcome to MobileRead, Laird of Lard!

I've adjusted your title, so it's all good.

I'll be taking my own PRS500 to France with me next week, myself. (I'd probably pay a fortune in extra baggage without it!)
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:49 PM   #8
Laird of Lard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Welcome to MobileRead, Laird of Lard!

I've adjusted your title, so it's all good.

I'll be taking my own PRS500 to France with me next week, myself. (I'd probably pay a fortune in extra baggage without it!)
Thank you!
Old 07-25-2008, 02:37 PM   #9
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Laird of Lard and welcome to the Forum. I got a 505 back in January and like it a lot.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:15 PM   #10
Laird of Lard

It arrived!

And it's fabulous!

Having fun playing with Calibre, BookDesigner etc....

Sony's own software is a bit crap, though.