Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-06-2011, 08:20 PM   #1
TXwinelover
TXwinelover began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Help with Calibre & Kindle format

My name is Ann Bartholomew.

I have both the Nook & Kindle on my Dell laptop, and was trying to find a way (if possible) to convert all the books on the Kindle to Nook using Calibre, so I can consolidate my reading.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...
TXwinelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:04 PM   #2
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Tip: It's not generally a good idea to post your full name for all to see.

We cannot give explicit instructions here per forum rules.

However, you should do a google search for a blog by ApprenticeAlf as a starting point.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2011, 10:11 PM   #3
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool maybe some of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXwinelover View Post

I have both the Nook & Kindle on my Dell laptop, and was trying to find a way (if possible) to convert all the books on the Kindle to Nook using Calibre, so I can consolidate my reading.

well ann, if you bought them from amazon they are (mostly) going to have a drm. unless you remove that drm they are not convertible and drm removal is a forbidden topic of discussion here. if they were obtained in another way than purchased at the amazon kindle store and are drm free or if they were free books distributed by amazon (drm free, mostly) then you can use calibre to convert them to to epub (the format that nook uses).
--
Alan

Last edited by alansplace; 05-06-2011 at 10:14 PM.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:03 AM   #4
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXwinelover View Post

Most of your books will have DRM on them, whether they are currently on the nook or the kindle. If you're going to use Calibre to keep your library organized and flexible (HIGHLY recommended program), then the first step will be to remove/strip the DRM from your books. Forum rules here prevent any of us from giving explicit instructions for that removal, or links to sites that cover it. But if you google/bingle "Apprentice Alf", the first hit should provide all the help you need. It's really quite easy these days.

Once you've sorted that concern, you can convert files between Kindle format and Nook format using Calibre and move your eBooks to whichever device you wish.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:38 AM   #5
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Well - it's not exactly true that DRM removal is a forbidden topic here. We talk about DRM removal all the time in this place.

What is forbidden is for us to post on the boards the instructions on how to remove the DRM, or give you the link to the tools which can accomplish that for you.

Google the Apprentice Alf blog mentioned above and you will find step by step instructions.

Welcome to MobileRead Ann.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2011, 07:43 AM   #6
TXwinelover
TXwinelover began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
DRM

Thanks to all who replied.

I did as you suggested & found the blog mentioned & will follow his advice.
TXwinelover is offline   Reply With Quote