Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-21-2011, 01:40 AM   #151
tipstir
Coby MID7015 Tablet Guru
tipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-books

Device: 7015A, CM738A, 7015, M150, A7, A32, Next3, PDN 7"/9", GT78, ePad
I am still on 4.2 no issues runs quick and wallpaper is managed by Magic Wall which are kept in a folder on the microsd card.
tipstir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:21 AM   #152
irep146jesus
Jesus Freak
irep146jesus began at the beginning.

Device: craigs 7" android tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesslionness View Post
Greetings, i just got my tablet yesterday and just successfully updated it to android 4.3.. i love it.. Yet everytime i try to download something from android marketplace it says soandso uploaded unsuccessful.. as well as everytime i try to use acccleaner is say all caches are cleared.. any help?
i had the same problem initially. Then i just realized i would have to omit using accleaner, and just clear the caches/data manually by going to settings/applications/manageapplications then hit menu button and click filter. select all. then the apps that were stated on Page #1 on this forum, plus all google apps in general, click them and click clear data/clear cache. Then restart your tablet.
Hope this helps!
irep146jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2011, 12:35 PM   #153
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by irep146jesus View Post
i had the same problem initially. Then i just realized i would have to omit using accleaner, and just clear the caches/data manually by going to settings/applications/manageapplications then hit menu button and click filter. select all. then the apps that were stated on Page #1 on this forum, plus all google apps in general, click them and click clear data/clear cache. Then restart your tablet.
Hope this helps!
Ditto here. That should do it!
Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:23 PM   #154
tschill
tschill began at the beginning.

Device: Craig
Smile Problems

I followed your instructions for 'rooting' to the letter. It went well, and I like the enhancements it included. However, I can no longer access it with my computer. I have no way of reverting. I have done a reset twice, and I did achive being able to access the USB port, which was also dead, but not the internal memory vis the small USB to the computer. Does anyone have any suggestions. I would like to have the best of both worlds.

Additionally, I still was not able to download any games from Market. I did try all the cache clearing as instructed.

Thanks. This forum is great.

Tom
tschill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:45 PM   #155
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Craig CMP738a Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by tschill View Post
I followed your instructions for 'rooting' to the letter. It went well, and I like the enhancements it included. However, I can no longer access it with my computer. I have no way of reverting. I have done a reset twice, and I did achive being able to access the USB port, which was also dead, but not the internal memory vis the small USB to the computer. Does anyone have any suggestions. I would like to have the best of both worlds.

Additionally, I still was not able to download any games from Market. I did try all the cache clearing as instructed.

Thanks. This forum is great.

Tom
Hi, Tom.

I'm not sure why you're not able to download games from the Market. The only thing I can think of is that you need to remember to reboot after you clear the cache. Other than that, maybe someone else has some ideas.

In terms of the USB port, check to make sure the Craig isn't in USB Host Mode. Under Settings, go to "USB Mode Select" and make sure USB Host Mode is unchecked.

Let me know if that works. Hopefully that will solve the problem.
bhartman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2011, 06:42 AM   #156
tschill
tschill began at the beginning.

Device: Craig
Craig Hack

I 'm afraid I covered all those bases. Since I can't access it with the computer, is there a way to revert to the original system? Can you copy files from a thumb drive to the root directory for a new hack?

Thanks for the very prompt reply.

Tom
tschill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:44 AM   #157
roobot5000
Man about Town
roobot5000 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
So, some folks here have owned this device for what? a month? Is it still holding up and functioning the same as it was in the beginning?

Last edited by roobot5000; 03-23-2011 at 09:45 AM. Reason: 's' in still
roobot5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:41 AM   #158
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschill View Post
I 'm afraid I covered all those bases. Since I can't access it with the computer, is there a way to revert to the original system? Can you copy files from a thumb drive to the root directory for a new hack?

Thanks for the very prompt reply.

Tom
Yes, if you're in USB Host Mode, you can copy the img file from the thumb drive to the root of your Craig and do the update that way. Let me know if it works.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:43 AM   #159
bhartman36
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by roobot5000 View Post
So, some folks here have owned this device for what? a month? Is it still holding up and functioning the same as it was in the beginning?
Mine is still functioning the same. In fact, it's functioning better than it did on the day I got it, because of all the great work being done on the firmware by Shad and others.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:42 PM   #160
sircole
sircole began at the beginning.

Device: none
I just bought the craig tablet and have successfully flashed to the updated rom ( CMP-738a-update-2011-01-26-rls4) with the market and superuser. I'm enjoying it but I want my launch pro dock at the bottom in landscape mode, not vertical on the right side, like the Sylvania tablet also sold at CVS. Is this possible?

Last edited by sircole; 03-23-2011 at 09:44 PM. Reason: wrong rom version
sircole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:31 PM   #161
tipstir
Coby MID7015 Tablet Guru
tipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-books

WIRELESS 7 inch COLOR TOUCH SCREEN TABLET
CMP738A

Source: Craig Electroinics

FEATURES & SPECS
7 inch Digital Touch Screen (800 x 480 , 16:9)
Processor Speed 700MHz
Operating System : Powered By Google Android 2.2, Flash 8
4 GB Built-in Flash Memory
Built-in 256MB DDR II RAM
Built-in WIFI (54Mps)
Support Video Format : MKV/AVI/RM/RMVB/FLV/WMV/MP4/MPG/VOB (Up to 720p)
Support Audio Format : MP3/WMA/WAV
Support Photo Format : JPEG/BMP/GIF/PNG
Support e-Reader Format : PDF/PDF DRM/TXT/EPUB/EPUB DRM/HTML/FB2
Automatically Rotate Function
Mini HDMI AV Out Jack (720p)
Mini USB to Connect to Computer
USB Host
Landscape to Portrait Screen Function
Built-in Rechargeable Battery
Built-in Speaker & Microphone
Micro SD Card Slot (Support Max. 32GB)
Supports Browser, e-Book Reader, e-Mail, Photos, Maps, Video, YouTube, Facebook, Music, SlideME Marketplace, Clock
3.5mm Stereo Headphone Jack
3G Ready (For USB Connection)
Can Connect With PC as a Storage Drive
Old 03-24-2011, 12:07 AM   #162
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
So, tipstir, are the new Craigs really running Froyo? Has Shad created a stable version? Can I find a Craig image of Android 2.2 that I can put on my tablet? Anxious here!
Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 04:05 PM   #163
tipstir
Coby MID7015 Tablet Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by roobot5000 View Post
If your going to buy one you should know there is a issue that Craig is aware of but I've made it official getting there email from Corp saying there is hardware issue with the panel. They're releasing newer tablets with Android OS 2.2 on them.

I am on my second Craig and really the panel issue is annoying there are also ripples wavy lines (video noise) in the screen. Not a way to start off selling tablets. This should have been caught at the factory level. When I pack it up it goes back for good. Craig only gives you 3 months (90 days of protection against defects). CVS gives you 90 days to return it.

Issues are:

1. Panel / hardware
2. Battery life is very short
3. Charging takes very long
4. Updates no set time or date

The first pallet batch seem to have issues. Hopefully the second one will be better?
Old 03-24-2011, 04:11 PM   #164
tipstir
Coby MID7015 Tablet Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timoleon View Post
So, tipstir, are the new Craigs really running Froyo? Has Shad created a stable version? Can I find a Craig image of Android 2.2 that I can put on my tablet? Anxious here!
Not the ones out there now. Seems Craig has a new batch out there in the wild. But for those of us with Android OS 2.1, they say there is update coming but no set date or time on when that will be. So, if you go to CVS and you see CMP738A with Android OS 2.2 on it. You might want to take yours back after you do a factory reset and exchange it for that model.

I was using whatever was posted in this thread for 4.2. Some say 4.3 isn't stable. But these RRM seem to be based on Archos ROM mod to work on Craig.

Craig email from corp is enough for me to return mine to CVS with the video noise and defective panel hardware. They is no fix for that! Exchange or full refund. It's a shame I did purchase two of them and both have the same issue. Note not purchased from the same store. Different stores in different states.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:39 AM   #165
roc
Enthusiast
roc is on a distinguished road

Device: Dell Streak 5, Archos 80, Sony 950, Linux/X86 droid, OLPC XO, cbgs
Flash 8??

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipstir View Post

WIRELESS 7 inch COLOR TOUCH SCREEN TABLET
CMP738A

Source: Craig Electroinics

FEATURES & SPECS
7 inch Digital Touch Screen (800 x 480 , 16:9)
Processor Speed 700MHz
Operating System : Powered By Google Android 2.2, Flash 8
4 GB Built-in Flash Memory
Built-in 256MB DDR II RAM
Built-in WIFI (54Mps)
Support Video Format : MKV/AVI/RM/RMVB/FLV/WMV/MP4/MPG/VOB (Up to 720p)
Support Audio Format : MP3/WMA/WAV
Support Photo Format : JPEG/BMP/GIF/PNG
Support e-Reader Format : PDF/PDF DRM/TXT/EPUB/EPUB DRM/HTML/FB2
Automatically Rotate Function
Mini HDMI AV Out Jack (720p)
Mini USB to Connect to Computer
USB Host
Landscape to Portrait Screen Function
Built-in Rechargeable Battery
Built-in Speaker & Microphone
Micro SD Card Slot (Support Max. 32GB)
Supports Browser, e-Book Reader, e-Mail, Photos, Maps, Video, YouTube, Facebook, Music, SlideME Marketplace, Clock
3.5mm Stereo Headphone Jack
3G Ready (For USB Connection)
Can Connect With PC as a Storage Drive
Odd spec of Flash 8 - I am thinking some version of 10 is what is being put on most other Froyo tablets.

Here is the link to Craig's spec page, and note that it has a link for downloading Android 2.1 image for recovery purposes, so that is another oddity here.

FWIW
roc is offline   Reply With Quote