Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-17-2010, 03:09 PM   #1
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
I've finally took the plunge

Finally, I've took the plunge and ordered the International Kindle DX

I was flirting the iRex DR1000s for a while, but its price was a real obstacle. I've decided to wait for the CES 2010 before commiting such cash on the device. That's when I've learned about the Kindle DX going international.

It's more than enough for my needs and costs 340€. With a cover (not the oficial one), import fees and s&d, it will cost me 470€. That's less than the 766€ that iRex would cost (with a cover too). iRex has better PDF support, wacom and slightly bigger screen, but it doesn't justify costing almost 300€ (430$) more.

I hope that it will arrive before next weekend, althout Amazon's estimate is somewhere between 21 -25th.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 03:29 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Congratulations! I'd be very interested in reading your impressions once you receive it.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 03:33 PM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Aw, you beat me to it, sis!

Congratulations, Over! The waiting is the hardest part. Make sure to check out the links in daffy4u's signature to get a good start. (I think they apply to the DX also?)
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 03:45 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
(I think they apply to the DX also?)
For now the hacks are DX U.S. only. I'm sure someone will have the international version up soon.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:05 PM   #5
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Congrats!

I love my DX and the only forseeable reason to upgrade (for me) is if they release a Kindle DX 2 which is color or an Apple tablet.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:59 PM   #6
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Congrats! Now the waiting begins. Hopefully it arrives earlier than expected. Start building that Kindle library!
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:31 AM   #7
Sischa
Evangelist
Sischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it is

Device: Nokia 770, Ilead, Cybook G3, Kindle DX, Kindle 2, iPad, Kindle 3, PW
I am waiting too, i know this pain - it's always the same but we love it, don't we?
Sischa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:27 PM   #8
Nine989
Ebook Destroyer
Nine989 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505 - Kindle 2 - Kindle Dx
I´m also waiting for the kindle dx to start shipping. Is it considered a medical condition if you check your bank account every 5 minutes to see if amazon has charged it?
Nine989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:19 PM   #9
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I new I shouldn't have waited until my patience ran out to make the order.

I'll report about it as soon as I get it in my hands.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:48 PM   #10
Over
Wizard

It's here!

I still didn't even turned it on, I'll post my first impressions this weekend.

Meanwhile, it looks and feels very nice, better than what I expected. On the other hand, it's a little bit smaller than what I anticipated. I thought the device would have the size of an A4 paper, but it's smaller (I'm attaching a pic), but the screen is big enough.

I'm excited to test this baby.

BTW, excelent service by DHL, the carrier.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SNC00155.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	43987  
Old 01-21-2010, 03:14 PM   #11
clarknova
Addict
clarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with others

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
It's here!
Have fun, I hope it exceeds (or at least meets) your expectations!
clarknova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:56 PM   #12
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Remind us ... how many days from clicking "buy me" till it was at your doorstep and in your hands? In Portugal? I am counting three business days. OMG! Awesome!
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:44 AM   #13
Over
Wizard

Clarknova: thanks! I'm enjoying it, my only concern so far is how the Kindle DX handles picture files, but I'm just starting to learn the machine.

SensualPoet: I have pre-ordered, but it departed from Amazon warehouses in Louisville Tuesday at the end of the afternoon and arrived to my hands Thursday, in Portugal, at 3:50pm (the device was in Portugal since 6am, but the varrier departed at 10am).

Very fast, specially considering it had to go through customs.