Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-29-2012, 02:34 PM   #1
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
Smile T1 Reading while charging?

Is it possible to read while chargin?.. using the wall charger of course... non-rooted T1
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:11 PM   #2
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
yes - I've done it several times, never noticed any problems
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:58 AM   #3
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks.... I figured you could but didn't want to risk screwing something up
Old 12-30-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Worry about risk screwing something up by using your reader is wrong thinking. Worst that could happen is delete a book. You should have backup copies of your books or have free download replacement of books you bought. Exploring limits of your reader's settings and use is how you learn how to use all of it's features. Any problems should be easy to correct by yourself maybe at the most with help here at mobileread.com.

If you are trying to root your reader with it could be a little harder to correct mistakes but can be fixed with expert help.

Only easy way to break your reader so it can't be fixed is physical damage by dropping your reader or twisting reader so screen is damaged.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:51 AM   #5
bla
E bookworm

Yeah... well long experience has taught me to be wary... I have "bricked" more than one device just messing around lol.....so I like to check b4 doing anything not specifically set out in the "Fine" manual.....
Old 01-03-2013, 11:14 PM   #6
david8866
Zealot
david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I use phone emergency battery pack a few times (two AAA batteries). I don't know how long it can last, but it lasted quite a few hours until I came home.
david8866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:43 AM   #7
DarkGuyver
DarkGuyver began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Yep, it's definately possible to read while charging your Sony Reader via the mains as I've done it once with my Sony PRS-350.
DarkGuyver is offline   Reply With Quote