Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-22-2011, 11:40 PM   #31
trevgriff
Zealot
trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini - Main Reader (iPad 3 backup, iPhone 4s back to my backup)
My pre-order of the prs-t1bc, was just updated to the following;

Items:1
Order Status: READY FOR SHIPMENT
Estimated Ship Date: 09/23/2011
trevgriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:47 AM   #32
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
I wouldn't be surprised if that is drastically inaccurate though. Sony's preorder isn't known to have good shipping info.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:04 AM   #33
trevgriff
Zealot
trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if that is drastically inaccurate though. Sony's preorder isn't known to have good shipping info.
My card has since been charged so I'll what and see. But, I can't remember having my card charged prior to an order shipping.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:04 PM   #34
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
I've got shipment confirmation on the T1 itself, but not the cover.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:12 PM   #35
solitarywolf
Ink Drinker
solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle 2021, Ipad Pro, iPhone Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post

I have pre ordered mine from the UK store, I just want it for Christmas.

Actually I just cancelled as they told me over the phone I was being debited today and with no confirmed release or shipping date I am not prepeared to have that. Will just wait, i'm not in any hurry as I have a Kindle
Isn't there a law against charging a credit/debit card unless you can ship the product immediately? Or is that in the US only?
solitarywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:22 PM   #36
trevgriff
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolenka View Post
I've got shipment confirmation on the T1 itself, but not the cover.
same here my t1 is on the way i have fedex tracking number, but the light/cover has not shipped. credit card hit for the reader only.
9/27/11 i'll have my reader, just went with the free fedex ground.

Last edited by trevgriff; 09-23-2011 at 09:26 PM.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:18 AM   #37
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Isn't there a law against charging a credit/debit card unless you can ship the product immediately? Or is that in the US only?
As far as I know we don't have that law here. I have paid for pre orders before from other retailers so its not a new thing. It was just a lot of money without even a release date. Anyway decided on a PRS 650 due to the casing so picked that up today
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:35 AM   #38
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Best Buy in Canada states "This product is scheduled to arrive in our warehouse on 10/02/2011" whereas the Sony Style store says "notify me". I expect they'll be on display tomorrow (Sunday) at Word on the Street here in Toronto.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:04 AM   #39
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by solitarywolf View Post
There is no such law in the US.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:27 AM   #40
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
There is no such law in the US.
Nor in the UK, provided that the vendor tells you in advance that your card will be charged at the time that the order is placed.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 02:22 PM   #41
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: sony reader
where did you guys preorder from...mine hasn't budged at sonystyle
krighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:53 PM   #42
anesthezea
Groupie
anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra 2
I pre-ordered mine from Sony Style (US customer) and have not seen any charges as yet via Paypal. I did call Sony before I confirmed my order and asked them if I would be charged up front for the order. I was told that I would be charged about 30 or 40 dollars as a placeholder for the order, then charged the rest once the reader has shipped.

ETA: I just checked the status of my order and it's now saying that I have an estimated ship date of 9/27. I'm wondering if it's a typo or something.

Last edited by anesthezea; 09-25-2011 at 08:02 PM.
anesthezea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:49 PM   #43
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: sony reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by anesthezea View Post
ETA: I just checked the status of my order and it's now saying that I have an estimated ship date of 9/27. I'm wondering if it's a typo or something.
My estimated is 9/21......processing. And i ordered paypal also...i was surprised they took paypal since paypal doesn't normally accept preorders...but i noticed it's listed as a BACKORDER at paypal so that's probably how they got around it.
krighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:03 PM   #44
lightforx
Enthusiast
lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I ordered yesterday (24th) from Sony Style using Paypal and my current status is:

Order Status : Shipping update
Estimated Ship Date: 09/27/2011

On the right column, seems like my paypal has not been charged yet.

Last edited by lightforx; 09-26-2011 at 02:21 PM.
lightforx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:28 AM   #45
trevgriff
Zealot

I ordered my from the US sony style internet store.

Tags
sony new model, sony t-1