Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-01-2012, 01:00 PM   #1
mdotka
mdotka began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Question HELP me! I have boox m92 and I hesitate

Hello people.

I am new here, and found this forum thanks to ereader-store technical support (period, they told me to go here to update my device lol).

The thing is: I need an ereader for academic purposes and I don't know if I should stay with mine. I need something that I can sketch (on a pdf for example, and make anotations and stuff), and mine seems to do well. It creates another pdf with the anotations (sketches or drawings) I made.

I am looking crazy as FU*$% if Jetbook Color can do this, but I find nothing. Anyone can give me some help? Please?

Thanks : (: O: (: O: (: O: (: O: Blink:: Blink:: Blink:: Blink:: Blink:
mdotka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:15 PM   #2
Hui Neng
Ebookreader
Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Nook Simple Touch - Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdotka View Post
Hello people.

I am new here, and found this forum thanks to ereader-store technical support (period, they told me to go here to update my device lol).

The thing is: I need an ereader for academic purposes and I don't know if I should stay with mine. I need something that I can sketch (on a pdf for example, and make anotations and stuff), and mine seems to do well. It creates another pdf with the anotations (sketches or drawings) I made.

I am looking crazy as FU*$% if Jetbook Color can do this, but I find nothing. Anyone can give me some help? Please?

Wait ...
Hui Neng is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2012, 05:20 PM   #3
tarlcab
Enthusiast
tarlcab began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge x3, Boyue T62, Yotaphone 3, Hisense A6L
For my purposes, the good Ol' Entourage Edge (company out of business) is still the best for your buck. You get Android 2.2 on one side and E-ink on the other.

One version was 10.1 and 9.7 inches
Other was 7 (e-ink) and 6 (tablet)

Annotation is a breeze on either one, though the larger Edge is a bit better for reading. You can probably find a used large one on on Ebay for under $200. Check the forums on this site for info on the units and you will see people still use em.

This is all coming from a 3rd year PHD student that stores all his articles digitally rather than having massive amounts of paper everywhere.

EZPDF allows you to ready your PDF's by column, which is super helpful. You can save your edited PDF's easily and access your Dropbox WITH EZPDF.

The Boox M92 sounds like an old IREX 1000S I used to have that came out in 2007 or 2008.

Other office tools, dictionaries, droid scholar, browsers, calculators, and RECORDING apps for recording lectures, etc. Plus apps for streaming radio, etc. Does Boox do this?

Also, there is a 3rd party app for mimicking the color tablet on the E-Ink side called LCD2EINK. Very cool. There is still nothing like this on the market.

I admit I am intrigued by the Jetbook Color, but it's geared more towards grade school so I would pass on that for now.

TC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdotka View Post
Hello people.

tarlcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #4
mod186k1
Addict
mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad, PRS-T3, Kobo GLO HD, Paperwhite 2, PB Ultra, Ony Boox Max
With Jetbook Color you can take sketch on a PDF (not on ePub or other format). It creates a separted and binary format file where with your skecth.
For using it on Pc or (for example) printing it you have to use something like my jCrossSketch program and convert this file (for example) in Jarnal format.
Then with jarnal you can modify, print and export to PDF the document+your draws.

This is an example:

Another opportunity is to use the jCrossSketch and a Pc program named "myScript" and perform an hand-writing recognition to convert your scribbled notes into text (or word).
mod186k1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jetbook boox m92