Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-13-2008, 10:49 AM   #1
keving1701
Trekker
keving1701 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Multi-tasking on the Kindle?

I just ordered my Kindle on 1/09. I'm not expecting to receive it for at least 6 weeks.(The 1st sign of Spring in the Northeast could be a Kindle sighting in my mailbox!!)
So I'm cruising the forums, reviews, and free ebook websites to keep myself Kindle ready.
I've been a closet reader of Shakespeare for 15 years(My children think I'm a nerd) but I've struggled with the Bard as most people do, because of the differences in syntax, grammar etc. Several months ago, while watching Mel Gibson in Hamlet, I thought if I had the text in front of me, it would allow me to follow the dialogue in the movie better, and thus increase my understanding of the play. So while watching the movie, I also read along in my book.(My children think I should be medicated!)
My question: Can I download an audio version of Hamlet, and a text version of Hamlet into the Kindle, and be able to listen and read at the same time?

It seems like a good idea. My children, of course, will not think so!!!

Thank You,
Kevin G.
keving1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:29 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by keving1701 View Post
I just ordered my Kindle on 1/09. I'm not expecting to receive it for at least 6 weeks.(The 1st sign of Spring in the Northeast could be a Kindle sighting in my mailbox!!)
So I'm cruising the forums, reviews, and free ebook websites to keep myself Kindle ready.
I've been a closet reader of Shakespeare for 15 years(My children think I'm a nerd) but I've struggled with the Bard as most people do, because of the differences in syntax, grammar etc. Several months ago, while watching Mel Gibson in Hamlet, I thought if I had the text in front of me, it would allow me to follow the dialogue in the movie better, and thus increase my understanding of the play. So while watching the movie, I also read along in my book.(My children think I should be medicated!)
My question: Can I download an audio version of Hamlet, and a text version of Hamlet into the Kindle, and be able to listen and read at the same time?

It seems like a good idea. My children, of course, will not think so!!!

Thank You,
Kevin G.
check the Audible web site. I believe they have all the books you will want. However on the Kindle I do not believe audible will work in the background while reading the book. mp3 files will. Too bad IMHO.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2008, 03:10 PM   #3
Zoot
Connoisseur
Zoot began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
A Google search for "shakespeare mp3" looks pretty promising though.

Z.
Zoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 04:01 PM   #4
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Always check Librivox first: http://librivox.org/newcatalog/searc...&action=Search
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:07 PM   #5
keving1701
Trekker
keving1701 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
check the Audible web site. I believe they have all the books you will want. However on the Kindle I do not believe audible will work in the background while reading the book. mp3 files will. Too bad IMHO.

Dale
Too bad......I hope your wrong. Hopefully somebody will be able to work around this.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll make sure I check them out.

Kevin
keving1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2008, 10:49 PM   #6
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
a cool concept, fire off the suggestion to Amazon
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote