Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-09-2008, 03:05 PM   #1
war3rd
war3rd began at the beginning.

Device: prs-500
PRS-500 screen fading?

I've had my PRS-500 for about 8 months now and for some reason the screen is fading. The odd thing is that there is one spot, just below center, where a quarter sized area is still as bright as the day i got the reader, and it's *really* noticeable. the rest of it, the background is darker than ever, and the letters displayed are actually lighter, to it's getting harder and harder to read. Otherwise it behaves normally.

Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions? (other than calling Sony, which I intend to do)
war3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:14 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Welcome to MobileRead, war3rd! Sorry you've arrived under such unfortunate circumstances.

This sort of thing has come up a few times before, it sounds like a bad controller or display. I would do what you're planning to do, call them, and I'd do it sooner rather than later. The faster you do so the less unlikely they are to fix it without charging you a new Reader's worth of repair bill.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert