Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-21-2012, 12:19 PM   #1
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
0.5.0 Released

I'm happy to announce the release of Sigil version 0.5.0.

0.5.0 comes with a number of bug fixes and some major new features:
  • Inline spell check in code view</li>
  • Support for PCRE in search and replace</li>
  • Translations into 15 languages</li>

Please see the changelog for a full list of changes in this release.

One smaller change is I've decided to drop OpenCandy. Surprisingly I've only encountered one complaint about OpenCandy and it was directed at bundling offers for other software inside of an installer not at OpenCandy in particular. I want to make it clear that this change is not due to user request or opposition to OpenCandy but my own decision.

While I respect what OpenCandy the company is doing and I don't see anything wrong with the offerings they provide I don't think their system is right for Sigil. The big thing I don't like is OpenCandy's installer components are distributed as closed source binary modules. While my understanding is this can be used without running afoul of the GPL I fully believe it goes against the spirit of the GPL and open source in general.

Thank you to everyone who provided feedback and helped during the beta process.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:16 PM   #2
huebi
Zealot
huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none

(Win7 64bit)
huebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2012, 02:22 PM   #3
user_none
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@huebi, Uninstall, make sure the Sigil directory in Program Files is gone, then reinstall. This error should only happen if you installed over a previous version and there are conflicts with that versions Qt dlls and the new Sigil itself.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:27 PM   #4
huebi
Zealot
huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Ok, done, but now it is in German

Edit/Preferences/Language setting is English
Old 01-21-2012, 02:29 PM   #5
user_none

Quote:
Originally Posted by huebi View Post
Ok, done, but now it is in German

Edit/Preferences/Language setting is English
That language setting is for spell check only. The interface uses the default OS language to know which to use. You would need to delete the sigil_de.qm file in the Sigil Program Files directory if you don't want Sigil to be in your native language. Or change your OS language to English.
Advert
Old 01-21-2012, 02:33 PM   #6
huebi
Zealot

Well, my OS Language is English... I renamed the file and it looks ok thx
Old 01-21-2012, 02:51 PM   #7
huebi
Zealot

Now i set German as language in the preferences, but every word in the editor is now underlined red (unknown). Grmpf.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:57 PM   #8
Zeypxi
Zeypxi began at the beginning.

Thank you John, for your patience and all the hard work. It seems that the integration of Dicollecte has solved the issue of words preceded by apostrophes or have you corrected that on Sigil's code?
Zeypxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #9
user_none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeypxi View Post
Thank you John, for your patience and all the hard work. It seems that the integration of Dicollecte has solved the issue of words preceded by apostrophes or have you corrected that on Sigil's code?
I made no changes and Dicollecte was already being used. I can reproduce the issue with the sample you posted. So it must be the file you're looking at. I plan on sorting the issue out eventually.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:28 PM   #10
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I have the same conclusion as Huebi. My OS is English (Win 7, 64bit), but the localization of Sigil is dutch. It looks like it looks at the regional settings instead of the localization of the OS.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:58 PM   #11
Zeypxi
Zeypxi began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
I made no changes and Dicollecte was already being used. I can reproduce the issue with the sample you posted. So it must be the file you're looking at. I plan on sorting the issue out eventually.
Ok I understand. Just use again the sample:
Repalce ̛’ by ', no errors on words preceded by apostrophes! except for "d'Alcide" because Alcide is a proper noun. "d'Alcide" (2 words d' and Alcide) is underlined though. Only Alcide should be underlined.

I tried with this sentence: Je viens d'Amiens. (I come from Amiens). Nothing is underlined here even though Amiens is a proper noun because Amiens is in the dictionary.

Conclusion: working with straight apostrophes but there may be issues with proper nouns the dictionary doesn't recognise.
Zeypxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:31 AM   #12
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
I finally installed 0.5 in place of my 0.4.2, and tried a few things with it on an old epub file. One problem I have is that I can't find how to use the spell checker. I looked in the manual and did a firefox search for spell but couldn't find anything - did find a reference in the changelog about right click and replace, but that didn't seem to work.

Is the spell check, a full file spell checker such as in MS Word?
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:02 AM   #13
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
The Installation Instructions for Linux need to be updated on the Wiki

Quote:
chmod +x installer.bin
sudo ./installer.bin

to

chmod +x Sigil-0.5.0-Linux-x86-Setup.bin
sudo ./Sigil-0.5.0-Linux-x86-Setup.bin

or
chmod +x Sigil-0.5.0-Linux-x86_64-Setup.bin
sudo ./Sigil-0.5.0-Linux-x86_64-Setup.bin
or put in a step to rename the bin file.
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:11 AM   #14
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
@huebi, Uninstall, make sure the Sigil directory in Program Files is gone, then reinstall. This error should only happen if you installed over a previous version and there are conflicts with that versions Qt dlls and the new Sigil itself.
so it is necessary / recommended to uninstall 0.42 before installing 0.5

NB I am using win 64 but for legacy reasons my 64 bit sigil 0.4.2. is in program files (x86) & my links from calibre point to that folder.

can I put sigil 0.5 in program files and keep both installs or must I scrap the current install to avoid conflicts.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:55 AM   #15
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcdy View Post
I finally installed 0.5 in place of my 0.4.2, and tried a few things with it on an old epub file. One problem I have is that I can't find how to use the spell checker. I looked in the manual and did a firefox search for spell but couldn't find anything - did find a reference in the changelog about right click and replace, but that didn't seem to work.

Is the spell check, a full file spell checker such as in MS Word?
The spell checker is always active in Code View. If you look in CodeView, words not in the dictionary will have red lines underneath them. You must select the right dictionary of course and if your language is not there by default, you must fetch the language yourself. You could try the language files from OpenOffice.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote