Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 04-23-2011, 07:07 AM   #1
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
How to set up Aptana for Calibre?

So I've got totally fed up with Eclipse deciding to only kick code analysis into life on some of my plugin code files. Instead I am attempting to revisit using Aptana (based on the recommendation of user_none).

However I am completely and utterly lost to get this up and running. I have tried various combinations of "new folders" and "external libraries" and nothing I have tried gives me a combination that allows me to browse the source code with code analysis working.

Clearly this must be down to my ignorance. Would anyone please be so kind as to give a step by step breakdown as to how to get an Aptana workspace up and running for working with Calibre?

You can assume I have done the following:
  • Installed Aptana Studio 3 with updates
  • Installed Python 2.7
  • In Aptana configured Python 2.7 with autoconfig in Preferences->Pydev->Interpreter - Python
  • In Aptana configured undefined code exclusions that chaley kindly gave me ages ago. So in Preferences -> Pydev -> Editor -> Code Analysis ->Undefined I have the values of: _,tr,I,P,dynamic_property,lopen, icu_title, icu_lower, icu_upper
  • In a D:\CalibreDev\work folder, I have done bzr branch lp:calibre. So the path to the Calibre src folder is D:\CalibreDev\work\calibre\src
  • In a D:\CalibreDev\plugins folder, I have my various plugins within subfolders

So... what should I do next?
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 12:28 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Have a beer?

My guess is that the plugins must be in the src folder. That is certainly true for Eclipse/pydev. When playing with your plugin sources, to make eclipse 'see' them I put them in an ignored folder src/plugins. It wouldn't surprise me if aptana does something similar, as they are the same people who built pydev.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2011, 12:36 PM   #3
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Haha, well it is Easter after all.

Funnily enough in my Eclipse setup I have done exactly what you suggested and put all my plugins within that source control exempted "plugins" folder. And that got me (usually) the behaviour I wanted. Well until it stopped working on a bunch of files for no obvious reason I can see.

It was actually user_none who suggested that it should be possible to have the plugins in a separate folder and do something with external libraries, so I set it up that way in anticipation.

In the meantime I still have my "Eclipse" copy of the tree/setup to use - but as John reckoned the pydev stuff came from the aptana guys that he had less issues with that setup so I figured it was worth trying...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:14 PM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
So... what should I do next?
You have calibre checked out and on disk. You have Aptana installed and the Python interpreter setup. As well as your excludes. Perfect.

Now you want to create a new PyDev Project for calibre. File -> New -> PyDevProject. Put in the project name (calibre). Uncheck "Use Default." Change the directory to the calibre root dir (D:\CalibreDev\work\calibre). Click "Finished".

You now have a calibre project in Aptana. Let it work for a bit to parse the project and setup things like auto-complete.

Now we need to get you're plugins setup. I recommend a separate project for each plugin. Again, create a new PyDev Project. Set the project name to the name of the plugin. Change the directory to the root directory for the plugin. E.G. D:\CalibreDev\plugins\APNXWriterPlugin. If you don't have the source for the plugin in a src sub folder uncheck "Create default 'src' folder...". Click Finish.

Right click on the plugin project. Select, Properties. Select "PyDev - PYTHONPATH" on the left. Set the src folder for the plugin. E.G. /APNXWriterPlugin/src. Now change to the "External Libraries" Tab. Select "Add source folder" and select caibre's source folder (D:\CalibreDev\work\calibre\src). Click Apply then Okay.

If you have an issue at some point where the auto complete isn't working go back into "External Libraries" and click "Force restore internal info".

That's my setup.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:39 PM   #5
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
I'm trying this again - tried a while back and didn't really get things working.

If I follow those steps, are a ton of errors expected once the project is parsed? e.g.:
Spoiler:
Code:
Description	Resource	Path	Location	Type
Method '__call__ - calibre.library.server.browse' should have self as first parameter	browse.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/library/server	line 191	PyDev Problem
Method '__del__ - cherrypy._cpthreadinglocal' should have self as first parameter	_cpthreadinglocal.py	/Calibre/src/cherrypy	line 207	PyDev Problem
Method '_converter_date - pyPdf.xmp' should have self as first parameter	xmp.py	/Calibre/src/pyPdf	line 94	PyDev Problem
Method '_converter_string - pyPdf.xmp' should have self as first parameter	xmp.py	/Calibre/src/pyPdf	line 91	PyDev Problem
Method '_GenerateCRCTable - calibre.utils.zipfile' should have self as first parameter	zipfile.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/utils	line 433	PyDev Problem
Method '_getter_bag - pyPdf.xmp' should have self as first parameter	xmp.py	/Calibre/src/pyPdf	line 115	PyDev Problem
Method '_getter_langalt - pyPdf.xmp' should have self as first parameter	xmp.py	/Calibre/src/pyPdf	line 156	PyDev Problem
Method '_getter_seq - pyPdf.xmp' should have self as first parameter	xmp.py	/Calibre/src/pyPdf	line 134	PyDev Problem
Method '_getter_single - pyPdf.xmp' should have self as first parameter	xmp.py	/Calibre/src/pyPdf	line 177	PyDev Problem
Method '_invert - calibre.ebooks.BeautifulSoup' should have self as first parameter	BeautifulSoup.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/ebooks	line 438	PyDev Problem
Method 'guid - calibre.ebooks.lit.reader' should have self as first parameter	reader.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/lit	line 472	PyDev Problem
Method 'hdr_len - calibre.ebooks.lit.reader' should have self as first parameter	reader.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/lit	line 448	PyDev Problem
Method 'header - calibre.ebooks.lit.reader' should have self as first parameter	reader.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/lit	line 480	PyDev Problem
Method 'info - calibre.ebooks.lrf.meta' should have self as first parameter	meta.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/lrf	line 343	PyDev Problem
Method 'magic - calibre.ebooks.lit.reader' should have self as first parameter	reader.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/lit	line 433	PyDev Problem
Method 'num_pieces - calibre.ebooks.lit.reader' should have self as first parameter	reader.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/lit	line 456	PyDev Problem
Method 'safe - calibre.devices.prs500.driver' should have self as first parameter	driver.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/devices/prs500	line 145	PyDev Problem
Method 'safe - calibre.ebooks.lrf.meta' should have self as first parameter	meta.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/lrf	line 304	PyDev Problem
Method 'safe_property - calibre.ebooks.lrf.meta' should have self as first parameter	meta.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/lrf	line 320	PyDev Problem
Method 'sec_hdr_len - calibre.ebooks.lit.reader' should have self as first parameter	reader.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/lit	line 464	PyDev Problem
Method 'thumbnail - calibre.ebooks.lrf.meta' should have self as first parameter	meta.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/lrf	line 407	PyDev Problem
Method 'thumbnail_pos - calibre.ebooks.lrf.meta' should have self as first parameter	meta.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/lrf	line 387	PyDev Problem
Method 'version - calibre.ebooks.lit.reader' should have self as first parameter	reader.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/lit	line 441	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: __getattr__	BeautifulSoup.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/ebooks	line 1111	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: _cache	caching.py	/Calibre/src/cherrypy/lib	line 119	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: _cache	caching.py	/Calibre/src/cherrypy/lib	line 124	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: _cache	caching.py	/Calibre/src/cherrypy/lib	line 194	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: accept	bulk.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/gui2/convert	line 139	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: accept	catalog.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/gui2/dialogs	line 165	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: accept	single.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/gui2/convert	line 267	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: accept	single.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/gui2/metadata	line 385	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: Accepted	basic_widgets.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/gui2/metadata	line 906	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: Accepted	main.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/gui2/viewer	line 639	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: ANTIALIAS	convert_from.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/lrf/html	line 951	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: ANTIALIAS	convert_from.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/lrf/html	line 1855	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: ANTIALIAS	driver.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/devices/nook	line 63	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: ANTIALIAS	output.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/pml	line 68	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: ANTIALIAS	writer.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/pdb/ereader	line 142	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: app_dir	__init__.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/utils/wmf	line 30	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: BICUBIC	convert_from.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/lrf/html	line 1848	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: binaries_path	launch.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/utils/ipc	line 75	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: binaries_path	osx_symlinks.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/utils	line 40	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: bonjour	base.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/library/server	line 147	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: closeEvent	main.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/gui2/viewer	line 336	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: CloseHandle	lock.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/utils	line 153	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: console_binaries_path	launch.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/utils/ipc	line 61	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: console_binaries_path	osx_symlinks.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/utils	line 40	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: CoverManager	iterator.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/oeb	line 23	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: CoverManager	iterator.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/oeb	line 24	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: CoverManager	iterator.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/oeb	line 25	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: CoverManager	iterator.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/oeb	line 25	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: CreateMutex	lock.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/utils	line 151	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: decode	__init__.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/library	line 27	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: decode	iterator.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/oeb	line 23	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: ERROR_ALREADY_EXISTS	lock.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/utils	line 154	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: executables_location	device.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/devices/usbms	line 614	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: executables_location	device.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/devices/usbms	line 784	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: executables_location	device.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/devices/usbms	line 817	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: executables_location	launch.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/utils/ipc	line 64	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: executables_location	launch.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/utils/ipc	line 66	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: executables_location	pdftohtml.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/pdf	line 26	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: exists	misc.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/devices	line 189	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: extensions_location	constants.py	/Calibre/src/calibre	line 84	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: extensions_location	constants.py	/Calibre/src/calibre	line 91	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: extensions_location	debug.py	/Calibre/src/calibre	line 224	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: extensions_location	sqlite.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/library	line 190	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: frozen_path	__init__.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/gui2	line 646	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: GetDiskFreeSpaceExW	driver.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/devices/apple	line 3165	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: GetLastError	lock.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/utils	line 154	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: Image	output.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/pml	line 67	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: Image	writer.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/pdb/ereader	line 141	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: Image	writer.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/rb	line 121	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: iteritems	search.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/gui2/preferences	line 180	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: keys	text.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/gui2/lrf_renderer	line 160	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: lib	_cprequest.py	/Calibre/src/cherrypy	line 132	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: load_translations	__init__.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/gui2/wizard	line 629	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: LOCK_EX	lock.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/utils	line 118	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: LOCK_EX	lock.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/utils	line 159	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: LOCK_NB	lock.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/utils	line 118	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: LOCK_NB	lock.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/utils	line 159	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: lockf	lock.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/utils	line 118	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: lockf	lock.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/utils	line 159	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: new	catalog.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/library	line 4568	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: new	driver.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/devices/nook	line 61	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: new	news.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/web/feeds	line 1105	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: O_BINARY	startup.py	/Calibre/src/calibre	line 146	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: O_NOINHERIT	startup.py	/Calibre/src/calibre	line 149	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: O_RANDOM	startup.py	/Calibre/src/calibre	line 133	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: O_RANDOM	startup.py	/Calibre/src/calibre	line 136	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: O_RANDOM	startup.py	/Calibre/src/calibre	line 141	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: O_SEQUENTIAL	startup.py	/Calibre/src/calibre	line 133	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: O_SEQUENTIAL	startup.py	/Calibre/src/calibre	line 138	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: O_SEQUENTIAL	startup.py	/Calibre/src/calibre	line 143	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: O_TEXT	startup.py	/Calibre/src/calibre	line 148	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: open	convert_from.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/lrf/html	line 713	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: open	convert_from.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/lrf/html	line 936	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: open	convert_from.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/lrf/html	line 1838	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: open	convert_from.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/lrf/html	line 1982	PyDev Problem
Undefined variable from import: open	driver.py	/Calibre/src/calibre/devices/nook	line 57	PyDev Problem

over 1700 errors. Notable items that are errors when browsing the code are that a number of popular python libraries like mechanize and lxml sub-modules aren't able to be linked. I've tried calling different variants of the interpreter without any luck.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2011, 01:52 PM   #6
user_none
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldolse View Post
over 1700 errors. Notable items that are errors when browsing the code are that a number of popular python libraries like mechanize and lxml sub-modules aren't able to be linked. I've tried calling different variants of the interpreter without any luck.
Aptana / Eclipse does not know about those modules. You have two options:

1) Install each of those modules as part of your Python installation (what ever interpreter you used for the project). Meaning if you have a Python 2.7 interpreter installed, install the modules for it. Attached is a screen shot of what I mean by installed interpreter. I do other Python development so I have all of the modules installed at the system level.

2) Point the IDE to the bundled libraries within the calibre archive. They're in /Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/Python. Since they're in an app bundle you will need to specify the path manually and not using the file chooser.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-04-24 at 1.43.09 PM.png
Views:	489
Size:	172.6 KB
ID:	70432  
Old 07-25-2011, 08:32 PM   #7
Halo
Connoisseur
Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle DX 1st Gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen
I set up Aptana Studio 3 just like kiwidude and user_none described but I get errors in the editor when I open files. For example, opening gui2/device.py give this:

Code:
Description	Resource	Path	Location	Type
Unresolved import: pyqtSignal	device.py	/calibre/src/calibre/gui2	line 9	PyDev Problem
Unresolved import: QAction	device.py	/calibre/src/calibre/gui2	line 8	PyDev Problem
Unresolved import: QActionGroup	device.py	/calibre/src/calibre/gui2	line 8	PyDev Problem
Unresolved import: QDialog	device.py	/calibre/src/calibre/gui2	line 9	PyDev Problem
Unresolved import: QIcon	device.py	/calibre/src/calibre/gui2	line 8	PyDev Problem
Unresolved import: QMenu	device.py	/calibre/src/calibre/gui2	line 8	PyDev Problem
Unresolved import: QObject	device.py	/calibre/src/calibre/gui2	line 9	PyDev Problem
Unresolved import: Qt	device.py	/calibre/src/calibre/gui2	line 9	PyDev Problem
Unresolved import: SIGNAL	device.py	/calibre/src/calibre/gui2	line 8	PyDev Problem
And I have red X's next to these lines:

Code:
from PyQt4.Qt import (QMenu, QAction, QActionGroup, QIcon, SIGNAL,
                     Qt, pyqtSignal, QDialog, QObject)
How do I resolve this?
Halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:56 PM   #8
user_none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo View Post
How do I resolve this?
PyDev does not know these modules see my comment above.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:44 PM   #9
Halo
Connoisseur
Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
2) Point the IDE to the bundled libraries within the calibre archive. They're in /Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/Python. Since they're in an app bundle you will need to specify the path manually and not using the file chooser.
Where would I find the equivalent file on Windows?
Old 08-04-2011, 09:50 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
pylib.zip
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:43 PM   #11
Halo
Connoisseur

Are there any others? Aptana Studio is still giving me errors on the lines related to Qt.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:15 PM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The PyQt modules are in DLLs
Old 08-05-2011, 05:45 PM   #13
Halo
Connoisseur

It's still not working. I've attached a screenshot of the paths in my preferences. What's missing?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aptana Python Prefs.png
Views:	423
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	75208  
Old 08-05-2011, 06:45 PM   #14
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

aptana probably cant read python modules from zip files. unzip pylib.zip and point it to the unzipped directory.
Old 08-22-2014, 02:41 PM   #15
auspex
Groupie
auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nexus 5x
I've added some notes at the end of https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2903293 about enabling the remote debugger in Eclipse (or Aptana - there's absolutely no difference in the relevant code, which is Aptana's pydev plugin whether you use the Aptana branded version of Eclipse or any other Eclipse), and automating plugin reinstallation for debugging from inside eclipse.
auspex is offline   Reply With Quote