Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 07-02-2013, 03:39 PM   #16
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
You don't say where you live but your local county taxes pay for the library which is why there are multiple ones and you library card will let you checkout eBooks as well as regular books if your library supports eBooks and most do. We have a wiki page showing all the libraries in the US that we have found so far that have library eBooks. You should check and see if there is one near you. Sometimes there is also a state library that you can use as well. Again without knowing where you live I can't help you further.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:46 PM   #17
Zora
Enthusiast
Zora began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch, Nexus tablet
I live in Honolulu. The state library system contracts with Overdrive for ebooks. The selection is limited, and popular books often have long waitlists. Even the paper selection is limited. The library charges $20 for an inter-library loan.

It would cost $60 a year to have access to the university library, where I would only have access to deadtree books ... and I would have to drive onto campus, park, and walk long distances (which I cannot do, as I'm crippled).

I live in a book desert Ebooks have been my salvation.
Zora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:38 PM   #18
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Zora
Long wait lists are the rule for popular Dead Tree books in many Library systems. They can afford to buy only so many Books (or copies).
Do they by 10 copies of a hot title or 10 different titles? The budget is for 10
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:42 PM   #19
Zora
Enthusiast
Zora began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch, Nexus tablet
If libraries could pay for ebooks per download, hundreds of people could be reading the book simultaneously. Publishers and libraries need to work this out.
Zora is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adobe digital editions